Thread: Unable to download antivirus through Nokia C2-01

Unable to download antivirus through Nokia C2-01

It’s being just two weeks since I purchased Nokia C2-01 mobile phone, and I have started facing issues using it. I had read that the mobile supports fast Internet browsing and allows the user to download files through Internet. But yesterday when I was trying to download antivirus application through my Nokia C2-01 mobile phone, I was unable to perform the following task. Can anyone guide me and help me solving this issue. Also what is the reason behind this problem in my mobile?

Re: Unable to download antivirus through Nokia C2-01

Contact your service provider and confirm whether you have activated any GPRS data plan in your particular number or not. If you have not, then you won’t be able to access Internet. So, you should probably install all the necessary Internet settings in your mobile, which your service provider will be sending you and activate some data plan. The service provider will charge you for the service, as per the data plan you are selecting for yourself. So, make sure that you have got enough balance in your mobile.

As far as I know, you don’t need to install any antivirus application in your mobile, as you won’t find any which would actually work in your mobile phone. And as the Nokia C2-01 is a 3G phone, you will be getting good speed to browse and download files from Internet. But for that make sure that you are using 3G SIM card as well. And if you are talking about downloading the antivirus for your computer system, then you would have to connect you mobile to the computer with the help of the proper USB cable and Nokia Ovi Suite and then try downloading the file directly to the computer by using your mobile as a modem for your PC.

Thank you, guys for clearing my doubt. It was very thoughtful of you to do so. I have been facing few more issue while using the Nokia C2-01 mobile. I am experienced that my mobile hangs a lot while I am using it. Also when I am going to the Theme gallery in my mobile, something wrong happens, which forces the mobile phone to switch off automatically. Does anyone know why this is happening in my phone? Please help me one more time.

There might be different reason behind your mobile hanging in between while you are using it. The main among them is that you might be trying to run too many applications at the same time, which is overloading your phone system, thus forcing it to freeze every now and then. The freezing issues might also occur if you have very less phone memory left. Make sure that memory is not over occupied. Delete all the unnecessary data like the old SMS, applications which you don’t use from your mobile and free up the space.

It might be possible that the firmware of your Nokia C2-01 mobile is outdated which is forcing it freeze everytime you are using it. So, I would recommend you to visit the official website of Nokia and search for any new updates for your mobile. Or use the Ovi Suite to update the firmware of your mobile. Connect your mobile to the system using the Nokia Ovi Suite and click on Update mobile option. The application will automatically search for latest updates for the connected device and install the updates in the mobile. But before doing so, make sure that the battery of your mobile is fully charged.

You did not mention that you are specifically not able to download only antivirus setup through your mobile or any other file as well. If the issue is only with the antivirus file then it might be possible that you are trying to download the file from some untrusted site which is not compatible with the security of your mobile. But if your problem is common for everything then I would suggest you to show your mobile to the nearest Nokia Care Centre and get your mobile checked and repaired if any issue arises.