Thread: Social network not working in Nokia X7

Social network not working in Nokia X7

I purchased Nokia X7 last week. I selected this symbian Smartphone especially due to its features such as 8MP camera, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and many more. But I have noticed a strange issue while I was accessing my cell phone. I noticed that there were some problems with “Social network” application. Whenever I attempt to open the application “Social network” then an error message used to be displayed saying” Please uninstall and reinstall communities”. This application was pre-installed in my cell phone. Each time I try to access this application the same error use to get displayed. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Social network not working in Nokia X7

The issue is not complicated but it seems to be confusing. I think that the application that was pre-installed in your phone has been corrupted due to some reason. This can be the reason you are getting error when you are trying to open the “Social network” application. To get rid from such issues I would recommend you to search for the same application in the OVI store and if you find it over there then download and install it in your cell phone. The application from the OVI store would display such error messages and it will work perfectly as it is supposed to do.

As suggested by you I searched for the application “Social network” in the OVI store but there was no such application. When I was searching for the application I found many similar applications but I could not find the one that I needed. I didn’t download any application from OVI store because I did not know much about those applications. Do you know any other solution to overcome the issue? If yes then please let me know about it.

I think there is no need to download any other application from the OVI store. You can use the pre-installed application in your cell phone. The application is displaying the error because of some minor problems in it. I know the solution to overcome such issues. To solve the issue you need to re- install the phone software via OVI suite. After that, format the mass memory. Finally un-install and re-install the application” Social network”. It will start working without any issues. Try this solution and inform me about the consequences.

I performed all the steps that were mentioned by you and it was successful to solve the issue. You were right; the error message was due to some minor problems in the application. When I formatted the mass memory, after that I opened the application and I encountered the same error message. But when I un-installed and re-installed the application that fixed up the issue. Now that application is working fine without any errors.

smile Re: Social network not working in Nokia X7

Hi, Have tried most of what you suggest - didn't work - by "format mass memory" do you mean to format the micro SD Card in the Nokia X7 ? - I removed my Card - made no difference - uninstalled & reinstalled Social without it - no change - still bombs out on Social.
    I can't see any easy way to format your phone's flash memory

Cheers
    Phil D.

I am suggesting that you should perform a firmware upgrade because this the only option you have left. Well I think aware of that all data will be loss after doing the firmware upgrade. So backup of the data is mandatory if you don’t wanted to loose your data.

unsure Re: Social network not working in Nokia X7

Thanks for the reply - Firmware Upgrade ? - I'm thinking that is doing a Factory Settings Restore with Delete data & restore ? via Phone --> Phone Management --> Factory settings - have tried that already

- unless some new ideas will take the phone into Nokia Care Centre in Brisbane (Qld, Australia) on my next ADO in mid January

Ta
    Phil D.

Quote Originally Posted by pday12 View Post
    Thanks for the reply - Firmware Upgrade ? - I'm thinking that is doing a Factory Settings Restore with Delete data & restore ? via Phone --> Phone Management --> Factory settings - have tried that already

- unless some new ideas will take the phone into Nokia Care Centre in Brisbane (Qld, Australia) on my next ADO in mid January
    To be able to connect to the social network apps such as facebook and twitter you will need to activate a data connection plan (internet) on your mobile phone. Only after that you will be to login to those different apps installed in your phone. Can you tell us what all apps are installed in your phone?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
    The Nokia X7 does have Internet Connection - both via Optus 3G which picks up the Internet on it's Browser & via our home Wireless N Connection - other websites pick up OK - Nokia Suite is installed on our PC & the Software Update on the phone also confirms that all applications are present & up to date - so it is weird that both Nokia Social & Store Apps both do not work. I tried to uninstall the store app on the phone but it would not do so - why ? I don't know.

Social can be uninstalled - but reinstall has no effect. Still does not work. Have used the Nokia Suite to reinstall all software but other than losing some settings such as Wallpaper & Wireless Settings it has no effect on the non working apps. As does restoring Factory Settings.

I did early on (October) install a program off the net from a Symbian site called "UnitConverter" - it sits in Applications - the program now appears to be uninstalled but the Icon in Applications can only be moved to another folder - says Root folder, music, videos & TV or Applications but not removed or deleted. Also a bit weird.

All worked fine for a month or so but then the issues with Social & Store suddenly appeared - after an update ?

Regards
    Phil D.