Thread: Would Nokia X7 have support for DIVX /XVID/ AVI format

Would Nokia X7 have support for DIVX /XVID/ AVI format

When Nokia just released this cell phone, then I was about to purchase this cell phone for me. But after looking for its features I stopped myself from buying it as it doesn’t support DIVX format and thus it doesn’t supports AVI format. This is the thing which I need for my cell phone. So I would like to know whether further ahead would Nokia X7 have support for these format and also is it able to play videos of resolution 720p or higher.

Re: Would Nokia X7 have support for DIVX /XVID/ AVI format

Well I looked at the specifications of this Smartphone and as you told that this cell phone is not capable of supporting DIVX, XVID or AVI formats. So I just doubt at this point and rather I just quickly searched for these things. I did this because as this is a Smartphone so I thought it would definitely have the support for these formats on the phone and what I found is that Nokia X7 is having a support for DIVX, XVIS, MP4 and WMV video formats.

I said this because I also searched for this information over internet and I found that these formats are not supported by this Smartphone. I had observed this information over Wikipedia and several Nokia blogs. I am really shocked or doubting whether these websites are providing wrong information or shall I believes your talks. So I want confirmation about this anyway so that I can go ahead to have this phone. Also I would like to know whether this phone is able to play MKV format.

In order to confirm this particular information I have contacted Nokia main person and they told that Nokia X7 is definitely having a support for DIVX video formats. So there is no need to worry on this and you can take this Smartphone and probably enjoy with this cell phone by playing all these needed formats you want in that cell phone. Another solution for your query about whether it is able to play videos having resolution greater than 720p, and then I would say that it can play videos of only of 720p resolution and not higher than that.

Well if you are in doubt that you will need to have some conversion application in order to play AVI formats then leave your doubt now as this Smartphone doesn’t require any application to convert AVI files. I have recently downloaded movie of AVI format and I was able to play this format without any needed of converting this file. For this, Nokia have given inbuilt support and we could easily play these formats on this Smartphone’s.

I would say that this is the big thing really that stopped me from going to the other brand. Actually as I got the Nokia X7 then I revealed the simplicity of moving my AVI videos and movies. Even the USB transfer or mass storage is quite nice and also I was able to play these files very efficiently. Then even I had one DIVX format file so for that even I checked and this phone was playing that also very well. So thus I am quite satisfied with this phone as it provided me with what I needed.

Well thanks all of you for providing the needed solutions as well for continuing discussions for this thread. I do understand your views and absolutely as all are telling that this phone do supports all the formats which I need so I would definitely go for this model. And also one of my friend recently had this phone and he tried to play MKV file on it, but it didn’t played may be because of its huge size, so for that we need to look for some smaller size file and then hope that it also gets played.