Thread: PS3 is capable to Play MKV Files Without converter

PS3 is capable to Play MKV Files Without converter

I by now recognize many people out there previously recognize this except after that once more there are many people who do not. Now PS3 can play MKV files devoid of converting them to another format. To be truthful, I was not at all a massive fan of the MKV format from the time when it was not as accepted as an AVI otherwise a MPEG file formats. On the other hand the MKV file has a vast benefit above every one of additional formats that I actually like. The video files are plenty slighter compared to additional. I have seen a video regarding this on Youtube.

Re: PS3 is capable to Play MKV Files Without converter

mkv is a kind of container not a codec. Foremost, it is necessary to make clear precisely "What an Audio/Video container is", to keep away from whichever confusions:
    • It is NOT a video otherwise audio compression format (video codec)
    • It is a cover intended for which there can be a lot of audio, video as well as subtitles streams, enabling the consumer to stock up a total movie otherwise CD inside a single file."

I like h.24 plus aac through a mp4 container I believe it’s the most excellent for little file size and image excellence.

Since only the container is modified and let man must not render everything again. So I have some MKV converted data quickly. But I also have a problem because data on some MKV he spins around when he does not tone up the audio track. MKVtoVob not tightened it, not even got sent. Is there a way to convert them so they run on the PS3. Some MKV that I can play with the VLC Media Player, but then converts the sound is unfortunately slow and totally asyncron which is quite funny actually.

If the files are to be played on the PS3 need not at this one before or the pack just convert it into another container NEN. I use the tool "PS3 Media Server" streams / me converts MKVS in real time while I watch the movie, here it is present also schnurzegal in which coding level the files, even 1080p & Level5.1 without problems, of course, should the network cable to the Cat6 bear.

This is the first time I am hearing that the PS3 will capable to play MKV files without any converter or without converting it to a different format. It looks really surprising. However I also see the video of it but I didn’t get how it can be possible so. So far only available solution was to convert the file into different format and stream it via media server or something else.

Once you have the file extension. Mkv as hddvd_demo_1080p.mkv , you must provide a simple free software, mkv2vob, now at version 2.4.7, you can find it easily with Yahoo . The software, once launched, has three tabs to configure and use, all very simple in configuration tab must be checked as a File type of output, the Italian language audio, of course. It should be decided, Codec transcoding, the quality that you want to get the software from simple plans to MPEG2, which is a bit low quality but very valance encoding, up to x264 High Bitrate certainly more powerful, but requires much more time.

Video Transcoding is the extension of the output file should be left to automatic, but you have to decide the eventual fragmentation of files bearing in mind that the PS3 cannot handle on external hdd, files larger than 4GB, but the files on the network are usually very amateur demo or under 4Gb. The freeware version software really make some sense while converting.