Thread: Itunes error 1611 and 21

Itunes error 1611 and 21

Hey all,
    i got an iphone 3gs running ios 5.0.1. After i tried to install a mywi from cydia it rebooted did get stuck after bootlogo. I tried to recover but couldnt.
    After some research in the forums i tried again but didnt help.

This is what i did;
    1)Used IReb then get in dfu mode and then tried to recover but Itunes give me error 21
    2)Used IReb then get in dfu mode and then tried to recover with shift and selected a custom 5.0.1 ipsw but Itunes give me error 1611
    3)restart my computer and change usb port

So can u guys help me?

Re: Itunes error 1611 and 21

Hey all,
    i got an iphone 3gs running ios 5.0.1. After i tried to install a mywi from cydia it rebooted did get stuck after bootlogo. I tried to recover but couldnt.
    After some research in the forums i tried again but didnt help.

This is what i did;
    1)Used IReb then get in dfu mode and then tried to recover but Itunes give me error 21
    2)Used IReb then get in dfu mode and then tried to recover with shift and selected a custom 5.0.1 ipsw but Itunes give me error 1611
    3)restart my computer and change usb port

So can u guys help me?

I think that I can help you out here just follow the below steps:
    • First Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 on your computer and after that just open Redsn0w and then Choose ” Extras “ and after that Choose ” Just Boot ” option.
    • Now just turn off your device and then plug it to the computer and then just hold down the power button until you are not able to get the “slide to power off” and after that just “slide to power off”.
    • If the device gets stuck again on the logo then process clicking on the next and then enter in the DFU mode and then wait till the process gets over.
    • Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

thx but still i got a black screen with a loading animation that get stuck (btw i used redsnow 0.9.10b4)

You can try out the below solution and see if it is working:
    For Mac

• First just Open Finder and then Hold down the COMMAND + SHIFT keys and then press 'G' and after that just Enter "/private/etc/" in the field and then press "Go".
    • After that Find the "hosts" file in the directory and then save it to the desktop and then open the same in the text editor and then just Remove the gs.apple.com line and then Save the file and put it back to the /private/etc/ folder.

For Windows:

Find out the hosts file from the below directries:
    • Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
    • Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    • Windows XP, Vista, 7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

After you find it out just open the same with notepad and then remove the gs.apple.com and save the file.

I want to inform you that by doing this music, photos, videos and books in will be lost so if you want then you can have a backup of the same and then try out the solution.

thx for the reply but didnt work. I send it backt to t-mobile hoping i get a new one ^^