Thread: Nokia C2-01 won't switch ON

Nokia C2-01 won't switch ON

Help Me!! Please, it’s urgent. I have been using Nokia C2-02 mobile phone from last two months and it worked very well. I usually used the mobile for Internet browsing and downloading MP3 files and songs. Yesterday while downloading some files, I noticed that my mobile switched off automatically and from then no matter what I do, the mobile won’t switch on again. No lights, no vibrations. The phone seems to be complete dead now. Please help me. What could be the reason behind this issue with my Nokia C2-01 mobile? How can I solve the problem?

Re: Nokia C2-01 won't switch ON

It might be possible that your mobile phone got infected with some kind of virus. As you were constantly downloading files from Internet, you might have ended up downloading some corrupt and infected file which caused your entire mobile to end up in a damaged state. You should always make sure that while you are downloading files from Internet, you are downloading them from some secure websites. Or atleast have a antivirus application installed in your mobile, that would scan the files stored in your mobile. OR time to time keep scanning your mobile for virus detection by connecting it with your computer and using the antivirus installed over there for scanning.

It might be possible that the problem have occurred for some temporary reason, like your battery might have drained, or the memory got full or anything else. So I would suggest you to make sure that the battery of your Nokia phone is completely charged. Remove your memory card and insert a fully charged battery in your mobile and check whether you are able to switch on the mobile again or try switching on the mobile by removing the battery but letting the mobile to remain connected to power source

According to me you might have corrupted the firmware of your Nokia mobile. So you should perform the hard reset in your mobile, so that the original Operating System gets restored in your Nokia C2-02 mobile phone. Hard Reset will completely format the C: partition in your mobile and delete all the stored data in your phone memory and your memory card also. You need to insert the following code *#7370# to perform hard reset in your Nokia C2-01 mobile.

You can also perform hard reset in your Nokia mobile by using some other code. To achieve complete reset in your Nokia mobile you should press and hold down the following keys in the given combination *+3+ Green button (the call button) immediately after you are turning the mobile on. This will also remove the data from your mobile and restore the original out-of-box settings and Operating system in your mobile.

Thank you, people for showing your concern toward my issue with my Nokia C2-01 mobile phone. Yes, I was not using any kind of antivirus in my device which would make it possible for me to keep my mobile protected from virus attack. Thank for the information, will always remember the tip. Anyways I also read the following post of performing Hard reset by entering the key code, but I am unable to even start the mobile, so it is not possible for me to even enter the code. Please help me.

The problem with your mobile seems to be very weird and confusing. I would suggest not to perform Hard reset. Rather than doing that I would recommend you to take your mobile phone to the nearest Nokia Care Centre and get your mobile repaired under the guidance of the technical staff of Nokia. They will be solving any type of hardware or the firmware issue in your Nokia C2-01 mobile phone and that too in much more efficient manner.

Anyone find an answer to this?

My C2 01 was working great and now it wont turn on.

I see the startup screen and it attempts to start but then turns off.

I thought it may have been the memory card which had flattened the battery because when I put the card into an old phone it made the phone go red hot so I binned the card.

My C2 01 now has a brand new battery but still no luck.

It baffling me!!!

I cant use the reset suggestions because it wont turn on in the first place

Dean

Hi deano007,

What happens when you connect the Nokia C2-01 mobile phone, does a popup on the screen appears? By reading from your post, it seems that the battery is discharged but since you have already implanted a new battery and getting the same errors; then it could be a hardware problem as you say that the mobile phone turns very hot. If it is under warranty then try to replace it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi,

It was an older phone which turned hot and not the C2 01.

Ive got the phone on charge at the minute but as its a new battery im not sure its going to make much difference.

I bought it via ebay so not sure on warranty.

The phone was working really well too for about 2 weeks ..

The screen shows where I can update the time and date.
    It also has time to ask if I want to start without a sim.

Once im past those screens it seems to turn off.

It then flickers back onto the main screen again and then turns off again..

deano007,

Take it to the nearest Nokia Center at your place and see if it can be replaced, since even you dont remember when it was bought but normally for 1 year the warranty is given. If there are no physical damage done to the mobile phone then you can surely get it replaced. Other than that check the pin hole where the charging it plugged, and see whether it is not at fault.

okay read all your posts. last night i went too bed, set the alarm on the phone, it didnt wake me up, i kinda woke myself up luckily for work. the phone wont switch on!? it happened during the night, i dunno wats happened, i havent downloaded nothing. the battery was half way. i never had a problem with it before(although it is a pretty shit phone tbh) waste of £80)) i just dont get it. ****ed up thing is i binned the receipt on a hyper clean fest about a month ago along with the box and all. bad times. im glad its not just me and any solutions not assumptions would be great. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by F5D View Post
    okay read all your posts. last night i went too bed, set the alarm on the phone, it didnt wake me up, i kinda woke myself up luckily for work. the phone wont switch on!? it happened during the night, i dunno wats happened, i havent downloaded nothing. the battery was half way. i never had a problem with it before(although it is a pretty shit phone tbh) waste of £80)) i just dont get it. ****ed up thing is i binned the receipt on a hyper clean fest about a month ago along with the box and all. bad times. im glad its not just me and any solutions not assumptions would be great. thank you.
    The kind of issue that you are facing on Nokia C2-01 is due to the faulty power on-off key. And to fix it you first have to clean the PCB board's keypads matrix and the keypad membrane, but this requires you to open the phone. Also you may need to change the 10K resistor that is connected to the power key. I would recommend you to take it to a mobile repair shop and ask for same things to be done.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"