Thread: Wi-Fi gets disconnected when I lock HTC HD7

Wi-Fi gets disconnected when I lock HTC HD7

Hello guys, please help me. Recently I have been facing this very weird problem with my windows Phone 7 running HTC HD7 mobile. Whenever I am locking my mobile phone by pressing the power button for a short period of time, fraction of seconds to be specific, then the established Wi-Fi connection with my mobile gets disconnected. But once I am unlocking the mobile, I can again see that the Wi-Fi connection gets established. What is happening with my HTC HD7? Please help me solve this problem as this is very irritating at times.

Re: Wi-Fi gets disconnected when I lock HTC HD7

I am assuming this to be some kind of hardware issue in your HTC HD7 mobile phone. You should not try solving the hardware issues by yourself as you may end up damaging your mobile more. So I would recommend you to make an appointment with the technical staff of the nearest HTC Customer Care centre and submit your mobile there for future checking and repairing if this is some kind of hardware issue. The HTC people are the best known people who can solve any issue related to HTC mobiles so let them help you solve the problem.

I don’t think this is any kind of hardware issue. This seems to be some kind of feature in your mobile. It might be possible that when your mobile goes to sleep, it automatically turn off the Wi-Fi connection if it finds the 3G connection activate. This might be just to save the battery power. And the mobile would automatically turn on the Wi-Fi connection whenever you turn on your mobile and wakes it up.

You should probably don’t have to worry as this is a very good feature introduced in HTC HD7 to save the battery power. You will find that the Wi-Fi won’t turn off if you have plugged in your mobile into the power source for charging. And at this moment even if you 3G connection is turned off or there is very low signal, then also you will find the Wi-Fi to be turned on, no matter it is locked or unlocked, in sleep mode or awake. This is just to always allow the device to receive the push up mails.

There can be any of the following possibilities which can happen in your case:
    • 3G and WIFI is enabled and you have not plugged your mobile for charging – In this condition your WIFI gets disconnected when the phone does in the sleep mode.
    • 3G and WIFI is enabled and you have plugged in your device in the power source for charging – This condition will also make sure that the WIFI connection remains established when the phone is in sleep mode.
    • 3G is disabled, WIFI is enabled and you have not connected your mobile for charging – In this condition you will notice that the WIFI connection remains established even when the phone is not in the sleep mode and as soon as the device goes in the sleep mode the connection gets disconnected.
    • 3G is disabled, and the WIFI connection is enabled and you have plugged in your mobile for charging – In this scenario you will notice the WIFI will remain connected even if the phone goes in sleep mode.

Thanks for all the above posts. They were really very nice and straight up to the point and nothing junk. I also feel the the HTC HD7 is behaving this way because it might be saving the battery power of my mobile. My battery used to drain very soon as the mobile was always connected to the Wi-fi, so I always kept my mobile for charging these days. So when I locked my mobile, even then the Wi-fi was active and I was able to receive all the push mails. Now I am very much happy after knowing the actual reason behind this behavior in my HTC HD7.