Thread: HTC HD7 is showing wrong area location.

HTC HD7 is showing wrong area location.

Hello all. My elder brother recently purchased HTC HD7 smartphone for himself and it is running Windows Mobile 7. But after figuring out more about the mobile we came across many issues in this mobile. We are facing this issue where the HTC HD7 is showing our current location to be somewhere else which does not falls under my area/town. This is affecting the HTC weather app which I have installed in my device as it is providing me the weather information about some other location instead of the real one. Please help me solving the issue as this is very annoying at the moment.

Re: HTC HD7 is showing wrong area location.

You must search for the settings on your device which could change your location area. Go to Settings and search for Location and check out whether your location is detected using your Wireless Network or GPS Satellites. Just try changing these settings and check out whether you are able to get your original location in your HTC HD7. I have noticed among many users that when they are using the wireless network, they get more accurate listing for your location area.

Thanks for the reply but I checked out all the settings in my mobile but I am not getting too many options to select the right state and location of my area in my HTC HD7 device. I also noticed that when I have connected my HD7 to the wireless network and if the phone ends up going in the sleep mode, then the mobile won’t reconnect to my wireless network when the device is waking up from the sleep. This will continue unless I disconnect the connection and reestablish the connection.

It seems like all the HTC HD7 users are facing this particular problem. This seems to be a very common issue discussed by most of the HD7 users. HTC has been facing this issue because it did not provide the user with more options for cities to add in the location. Or else they must have atleast allowed the user to locate their area with the help of Zipcode of their particular locations. You should probably use the GPS connection to detect the correct location.

I also faced the problem of wrong location in my Windows Mobile 7 running HTC HD7 and found a very simple solution to solve my problem. Somebody suggested me to update the firmware of my mobile and this could solve the issue. So, I performed it and luckily everything got normal. So I would also suggest you to perform the same. Visit the official website of HTC or the Windows Phone 7 and install the latest available update for your mobile.

According to me the perfect solution for you would be to Restore your mobile to its original out of box settings by performing Soft Reset or Hard reset if the Soft Reset doesn’t work for you. But make sure that you have taken back up of all your important data before you are actually performing any of those resets, because after performing them you will lose all your stored data. So it is better to be on the safer side. Visit the following link to perform Hard Reset on your HTC HD7 mobile phone.

If you ask me, then the perfect solution for your issue is to contact the technical staff of HTC and bring the issue with your mobile in front of them. They will be providing you the actual solution which would work wonders for you. So, contact the nearest HTC care Centre or you can also contact HTC people by sending them e-mails to their official e-mail ID. You can find the IDs on the official website of HTC. It is better you search for HTC store nearby area.