Thread: Does HTC HD7 have WiFi calling Feature?

Does HTC HD7 have WiFi calling Feature?

Hey guys I am very new to the HTC HD7 mobile phone and need to know some information’s regarding the phone. The place mere I stay and work seems to be having poor cell signal, thus I wanted to know whether it is possible to make Wi-Fi calls by using the HTC HD7 mobile? I am talking to the similar feature as we see in other mobiles like the Blackberry. Please help me regarding the issue. It will be very kind of you to do so. Thank you in advance.

Re: Does HTC HD7 have WiFi calling Feature?

Unfortunately, this is one of the biggest drawbacks of using Windows Phone 7 running mobile phones, in your case HTC HD7. It does not support calls using the Wi-Fi connection. I also used the Windows Phone 7 running HTC HD7 and because of the lack of this amazing feature I had to change my mobile phone. There seems to be some kind of issue with the Windows Phone 7, that is why it is not supporting the Wi-Fi calling for any of the devices which are running it.

I would recommend you to use some application which could make it possible for you to perform calling by using the Wi-Fi network, like for Android users Android Market is available which have got millions of free applications which helps users to enhance the performance of their mobile and achieve which was they were not able to before because of hardware of some software restriction. Search for some application on Internet for the same process.

You can perform video calling or in your terms calling with the help of Wi-Fi signals with the help of application like Skype. I have been using Skype from pretty long time to perform video and normal audio callings to stay connected with my friends and family, but let me make it clear that I am not using windows Phone 7 running mobile. So you should probably check out whether your mobile supports Skype and if it does then it is possible for you to do calls using your Wi-Fi signals.

I would like to bring this point into your consideration that there is some kind of compatibility issue between the Skype and Windows Phone 7 OS and that is why you won’t find Skype being available for the Windows Phone 7 user. So probably the Skype option is eliminated. So now most probably it won’t be possible for you to call up people by using the Wi-Fi signal. If you are very desperate to get the feature then most probably you would have to change your mobile. Or you can also wait for new updates from Windows. Who knows they might launch the feature anytime in near future.

Hey guys, I recently came across the news that Microsoft have purchase the Skype for about 8.5 billion $ (dollar). And now as we know that Microsoft has taken over the Skype we can expect that Microsoft provides the Windows Phone 7 users with the facility of calling people by using the Wi-Fi signal by introducing the feature of Skype in their coming updates. This would help millions of Windows Phone 7 users. Just hoping to what we are expecting.