Thread: unable to install the new OVI store application in nokia E71

unable to install the new OVI store application in nokia E71

I am using the nokia E71 and was using the nokia OVI suite in my mobile. I regularly download the application for my mobile from nokia OVI store. But before two days I got the notification in OVI application regarding its updates. After that I updated it. But after update it is not installing in phone. At the time of the installation it is giving mre error. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: unable to install the new OVI store application in nokia E71

I have read your problem and to solve this issue I suggest you to first check your application setting. For that you once you confirm with the checked the application setting. After that try to update the OVI by going in to application after that select the nokia OVI and select the option in option you will find the option of update application now select that and then update will start. I hope this trick will solve your problem and you will be able to install the OVI store.

I understand your problem. If you are not able to install the application even after the updating it properly. Then I suggest you to try to install it by connecting the mobile with computer. If these ideas don’t work then you need to reset your mobile setting. You can reset the mobile setting by going into the setting or type the*#7370# and then it will ask for the lock code in that lock code put 12345 and then select ok. After that it will reset the phone and once phone will restart after that open your OVI and update it and install it. Now you will not face any problem with nokia OVI store. This trick may solve your problem.

As you have said me I have tried to install the OVI store but I don’t find any way to install it from the computer so I stopped trying that. After that I have done the restore factory setting and it has erased all my data but luckily I have taken the backup so didn’t lose any data but that’s not an issue. After the restoring the factory setting also I am not able to install the nokia OVI store. Now I don’t know what to with this problem please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

If you are not able to install the nokia OVI application after trying the all possible solution then you can try this solution. First take the backup of all your data after that just go to the nokia care center and ask for software upgrade there. If your mobile is in warranty then you will get the service for free. You can do the software upgrade from your computer also but it is bit risky so don’t try this. After software upgrade you don’t need to install the updates of your nokia OVI because it will come along with new software only. So I hope after that you will not face any issue with it.

I have read your post and as you have said I took all the backup of my phone after that I went nokia care center and there I have done software update. As my mobile is in warranty so I didn’t pay anything for that. After the software update is complete I restore the backup on phone. Now all the problems are gone from my phone. All the things are working absolutely perfectly. Thank you for giving me this suggestion. I appreciate your help.

Hi I was updating my E71 yesterday using OVI software and I allowed it to back up my contacts as it said it would and somewhere in the program installing itself the link disconnected from the computer and none of my contacts were restored. Is there anyway to retrieve them>

Quote Originally Posted by zidro View Post
    Hi I was updating my E71 yesterday using OVI software and I allowed it to back up my contacts as it said it would and somewhere in the program installing itself the link disconnected from the computer and none of my contacts were restored. Is there anyway to retrieve them>
    You can try to do a recovery of Backup.arc file if it exists in your computer for the Nokia E71 mobile phone and in that Contacts.cdb can be also recovered. Just browse and open the .cdb file as stated in "Extract phonebook, sms, calendar and memo into a single text, excel or html file" then save the .cdb in your preferred format. More information can be found here.