Thread: GPRS data connection is not working in HTC HD7

GPRS data connection is not working in HTC HD7

Hey guys, please help me. It will be very grateful of you guys, if you provide me with your quality suggestions. I recently got Microsoft Windows Phone 7 running HTC HD7 Smartphone for myself. After purchasing the mobile, the first thing I tried doing is accessing Internet via using the GPRS in my mobile. But when I am trying to do so, I am unable to establish any data connection. Everything else is working perfectly fine in my HD7 mobile except the Internet. What should I do now? How can I fix this problem?

Re: GPRS data connection is not working in HTC HD7

You should make sure that you have installed all the necessary settings in your mobile which would activate the GPRS internet in your HTC HD7. For the necessary Internet settings you should contact your Service Provider and ask the Customer Care to send you the necessary settings to activate GPRS service (internet) in your mobile. They will either provide you with the necessary ports, access point settings which you will have to insert manually, or will send you the settings through SMS which you will just have to install in your mobile. Only after inserting the settings, internet connection will get activated in your system.

The problem might also occur if your HTC HD7 is not receiving proper signal of your Service Provider. So I would suggest you to make sure that you are trying to access Internet in your mobile by standing in the location where you are receiving good signals in your mobile. Make sure that the signal bar is full. The data connection depends on the quality of the connection you are receiving in your device. If you are getting poor signal strength, then it is obvious that you won’t be able to connect to Internet.

Thank you, guys for your quick response. It was seriously very kind of you to do so. I tried doing the things which you have mentioned in your suggestions. I contacted my service provider and they confirmed that the Data plan is activated in my mobile and my number and I can use Internet without many issues. But when I am trying to install the necessary setting in my mobile, I am unable to do so. The settings are not getting saved in my mobile, thus causing the issue. So now suggest me, what should I do to colve my problem.

According to me you should probably visit the official websites of HTC as well as Microsoft Windows Phone 7 and search for all the necessary updates available for your device. On finding any new update, install them in your system and then check whether the problem got solved or not. Also, make sure that you are also performing firmware update of your HTC HD7 mobile. There are many people along with you who are facing this kind of issue.

There might be some issue with your mobile. You might have changed some settings. So I would suggest you to perform Software Reset in your HTC HD7 and then try to add the Data connection settings in your mobile:
    • Press the Settings option on your main menu screen
    • Scroll down until you find “About” option. Click on it.
    • Scroll down and you will find "reset your phone" option on the bottom of the screen. Click on this option.
    • You will receive a warning message. Click on Yes to complete the process.

According to me there seems to be some kind of hardware issue with your HTC HD7 mobile phone and the only solution for the following is to contact your mobiles manufacturer Store, in your case the HTC Store and submit your mobile phone to get it checked and repaired if there is any kind of issue with your mobile. If you are unable to find any HTC store in the nearby area then you can also submit the mobile to the store from where you had purchased you mobile in past.