Thread: PS3 not working after updating to 3.60 version

PS3 not working after updating to 3.60 version

I purchased a PS3 last month. I normally use for gaming. I am insane gamer and the games that are available in PS3 are outstanding. But yesterday I came across strange issue when I was using my PS3. I have noticed an annoying issue with the latest PS3 update. When I installed the version 3.60 in my PS3 at that time everything was working fine but after the installation was complete I saw that the screen appeared to be red and my PS3 was not working. Is anyone aware about the issue? If yes then please help me out.

Re: PS3 not working after updating to 3.60 version

I also encountered the issue with my PS3. The PS3 was reflowed by me and I am unable to select up the drivers or the Internet, even with cable. A person with whom I discussed this issue said that the issue is due to some minor problems with the PS3. It can be that someone has exploded something in the relow. But I don’t think that I could be the issue. I suppose that there was something wrong with the upgrade. This has been noticed by many people.

This issue is complicated and only professional people having in depth knowledge about PS3 can overcome the issue. I also had the same problem in my PS3 but it has been solved. To solve my issue I installed Mass Effect 2. After that I restarted my PS3. Finally it was working fine without any problems. I think there was some modification that took place when I updated to version 3.60. This solution helped me, I would suggest you to try it out and inform me about the consequences.

Frankly speaking very few interacted with me to overcome the issue and you are one of them. The solution that was mentioned by you was not successful to overcome the issue. I noticed the same issue even after performing the steps mentioned by you. I also tried the formatting route and all other modification from the settings menu but they it didn’t helped me. I am enormously upset after the update. Has anyone experienced such issue? Please share it with me if you can.

I used to play games on the PS3 and all was working fine. Then I tried a system update instantly after playing and installation was successful. Now there are more records displayed on the XMB. Nothing appears neither blu-ray nor DVD. I not able to play games, watch movies and other stuff. The discs appear not because of the software I think, because the blue light is still working. Thus I can only fault 3.60, download after which nothing works

Interesting issues are coming up after a long time. I suppose that there is some kind of bug in the version 3.60 that is resulting in this issue. Such issues can only be solved by Sony technical persons. To solve the issue I would advise you to visit the Sony service center and inform about this issue to the person present over there. That person will examine your device and will replace it if needed. This is the only way that I could suggest to solve the issue.