Thread: Rooting a Samsung Galaxy Player 50

Rooting a Samsung Galaxy Player 50

I've been trying to root this awesome new product but can't seem to be able to. I've tried z4root but it freezes once it gets to "rooting shell". I followed the tips in this thread but it made no difference. Once it gets to "root shell" it just closes and goes back to the main menu. Once I try to open z4root again, it is just a blank screen and I have to restart the device.

I just updated Kies and when I run SuperOneClick, it seems to be working fine and detecting the device but then the message "(not responding)" appears on the status bar and I have to restart it.

The device is also set to USB debugging and it is set to allow unknown sources. Any other tips I should know about? Do I have to root it while connected to USB to my computer like I'be been doing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated since I have been at it for about a week now!

Re: Rooting a Samsung Galaxy Player 50

First of all download the latest version of z4root 1.3.0 by searching it on google. After that simply run z4root on your Samsung Galaxy Player 50 and hit the Root button. The app will now attempt to root your device and once done, it will reboot. You should see the Superuser app on your device if the root was successful.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-Z View Post
    First of all download the latest version of z4root 1.3.0 by searching it on google. After that simply run z4root on your Samsung Galaxy Player 50 and hit the Root button. The app will now attempt to root your device and once done, it will reboot. You should see the Superuser app on your device if the root was successful.
    I already did this the first day. Like I said on my prior post, I already tried z4root and it did not work. Superuser app never gets installed and during the "shell" part, it goes back to the menu.

Try the below steps that was given on other website:

Enable system debugging and then download the Android SDK and place it in C:\android-sdk-windows.

Hit Windows+R to bring up Run, type in cmd.exe, hit enter.

Type in the following lines, hitting enter between each one:
    cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    adb shell
    ls /system/app (Now look around for the app that looks like it, I'm going to assume it's called Music.apk)
    adb pull /system/app/Music.apk C:\Music.apk
    *replace the italicized text with whatever the apk is actually called

REMEMBER: All of these commands that involve the Android filesystem are case-sensitive!

Thanks for the serious reply, will try this and re-post.

Which package do I install? Or I just install all of them?

Ok, so i see the list of apps here.

What do you mean "the app that looks like it"? What is it exactly? And why would you assume it is 'music.apk"? In fact, I don't see anything named 'music.apk'

Also, when I do the 'adb shell' command, the only thing that happens is a dollar sign ($) appears and stays there for a few seconds then it goes back to the prior command.
    Last edited by anon3524; 09-06-2011 at 05:45 AM.

I was able to root my android device with GingerBreak App. What you need to do is first turn on your device, go to Settings > Manage Applications and enable USB debugging. Once done, download the GingerBreak APK from here above and save the file on your PC. After this connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as disk drive and copy GingerBreak APK to SD Card root. Now use any available Android file manager to install the APK on your phone. You can download Astro File Manager from Market for this purpose. Once you have installed GingerBreak.apk on your phone, launch the app from Homescreen. Press Root button in the app and wait for the exploit to run. If everything goes as planned, your device will reboot. Once your device reboots, go to Homescreen and check if SuperUser is present.

I can't get to run GingerBreak.apk. Tried it with Astro and there is no feature that makes it run. When I do Tools> Applications manager/backup, there is not option to install the .apk, maybe I need the full version? I don't know but running this .apk seems impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by anon3524 View Post
    Why was my prior post edited?
    Which post got edited ?? I cannot see any edition done in this thread by any Mod .

Strange, I had written more stuff.

Anyway, any solution to rotting this device?

I guess there is a manual route that you can go for rooting the Samsung Galaxy Player 50 apart from using apps, you can try to use a batch script made by someone that calls all the advice commands for you. Search DoRoot.bat on google and follow the first or second link for instructions. Hopefully that will resolve this issue.