Thread: I want to connect my car GPS receiver to my iPhone 3GS.

I want to connect my car GPS receiver to my iPhone 3GS.

I am wondering that if I could connect the receiver that is already built in my car, to connect my iphone 3GS GPS, as I am tired with the unreliability of the iphone 3GS GPS reception in the car. I have changed the head unit (the SatNav was pretty basic anyway) to a Pioneer that allows me to control and play music through the car stereo from my iPhone and also lets me make calls via Bluetooth. Is it possible to get a Y splitter that would also allow me to connect the GPS receiver to give me more reliable Satellite Navigation? Hoping that somebody out there can help me.

Re: I want to connect my car GPS receiver to my iPhone 3GS.

A Tom Tom car kit is the specially designed car kit, which is used to turn your iphone into an GPS machine is the one and foremost solution for it. There are number of features that are present in the kit to enable you to give an edge experience to your iphone. This car kit also includes some components such as microphone and a speaker, you can also send the audio from your iphone to the car stereo by the 1/8” line out jack provided.

Following are the steps that are used to connect the GPS receiver with your iphone, follow the instructions:
    • You can download place your Tom Tom GPS application online for your iphone. And then press “Sync All Applications” by pressing on the “Application” tab by connecting your iphone with your PC. The GPS software will be loaded into your iphone.
    • Correctly place your Tom Tom dock in your car. On the opening of your iphone correctly connect USB charger and insert it in to the cigarette lighter in your vehicle. After finishing up everything launch your GPS application to find locations in any directions that you wish while traveling.

Use such things for your iPhones that are compatible with GPS enabled applications, such as Pioneer Smart Cradle. The MotionX-GPS Drive has a built-in sensor called gyro-sensor that was the first of its own kind. And also the GPS reception is improved when external antenna is combined with accelerometer and accuracy of location. The GPS signals are limited when going inside the tunnels or up in building. You can also get a high quality volume control with integrated amplifier for calling.