Thread: Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop shows Windows error on startup

Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop shows Windows error on startup

Hello guys, I have been using Windows Vista running Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop from pretty long time, from last 4 months to be specific. Nowadays whenever I am trying to turn on my laptop, I am getting this particular problem with my laptop. On every reboot I am getting Windows error message which is asking the user to ”Launch startup repair or start windows normal”. But when I am trying to perform any of the asked suggestion, the only thing I am getting is another error message saying, the installed program cannot start and Switch off your computer. Does anyone have got any idea behind this unusual behavior in my laptop. Please help me.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop shows Windows error on startup

You should try to start up your Toshiba laptop in safe mode and then try to login into your Windows Vista system and perform chkdsk/scan. To enter the safe mode press the F8 function key when you startup your laptop. According to me there is some kind of issue with your hard drive and that is why you are unable to boot up your system. So check your disk and fix the issue with your hard drive. For any more queries please post back. I will surely try to help you get out of your issue. Happy to help.

According to me there is some kind of virus attack in your system. So I would suggest you to perform full system scan and delete the viruses if detected. You can use the bootable CD of Antivirus to scan your system if you are unable to login into your system. Or else log into the system by using the safe mode and then perform the entire system scan. IF detected any virus, Trojans or any other malicious object, get rid of it immediately. Make sure that you are using an updated Antivirus to scan your system.

I would recommend you use the Windows Vista Recovery Disc to recovery the Windows Vista Operating System installed in your Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop. Insert the CD in your CD/DVD drive and boot your system using it. Select the option you wish to perform in your system and follow the onscreen instruction to recover your Windows Vista. I would like to make it clear before itself that using the Windows Vista Recovery Disc to recover your Windows will lead your system to lose all the installed application in your system.

According to me the operating system, the Windows Vista OS installed in your laptop has gone corrupted. So the only solution for your this issue is tor uninstall the corrupt OS from your laptop and perform a clean install of fresh Windows Vista Operating System in your Toshiba laptop. Make sure that you are using the original CD to install new Windows OS and are using a licensed version of it. Once you are done installing the new OS, make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers for your laptop.

If nothing is solving your issue then the only solution with which you are left with is to get your laptop repaired with the help of someone who is having enough of knowledge about all the technical issues related to the laptop. So visit the Toshiba store and get your laptop repaired from the technical staff of Toshiba rather than any other service centre for laptops. Make sure that you clearing all the doubts with the tech staff before performing anything in your laptop.