Thread: Display screen of Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop turns black

Display screen of Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop turns black

Please help me. I am facing this annoying problem with my Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop. Recently, it has started acting weirdly. Whenever I am using the laptop for little longer time, the display screen of the laptop seems to turn completely dark, as if it’s switched off. But when I checkout for the keyboard lights, they seems to be ON and I am even able to hear the noise made while we are running CD drive. Please help me by replying to the thread and sharing your suggestions with me.

Re: Display screen of Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop turns black

It might be possible that there might be some kind of loose connection with your laptop, and that is why you are facing this weird problem. Your display screen is not getting the necessary power supply, thus turning it completely dark even when your system is running. It can also be possible dude to the fluctuating power supply or some other loose connections. So, I would suggest you to first make sure that you have not damaged your laptop in any ways by dropping it somewhere and loosening the connections.

According to me there is some kind of issue with issue with the display drivers installed in your Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop. It might not be updated enough thus forcing your system to force the display screen to turn black when you are using it for longer time. So I would suggest you to Use your Original drivers CD and install the necessary drivers for your laptop. If you are unable to find the drivers CD then you can visit the official website of Toshiba and download the necessary drivers for your Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop.

I would recommend you to go through the following few steps in order to solve your issue. Actually, I have not tried this solution, but I have come across this particular solution which many people have confirmed that it did worked for few of them and thus making it worth a try. You will have to perform Hard reset in your laptop. Visit the following link in our forum. How to perform Hard Reset and perform the steps as mentioned.

Hello guys, I would like to share my experience with you guys. In my case, it came up that the problem was occurring because of the failed video inverter in my Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872 laptop. I carefully noticed my display screen and got to know that the screen was not damaged, but it was malfunctioning and had turned out the screen very dark. Then my friend suggested me that if there was nothing displayed on the screen, then it would have been an issue with the wiring that is connecting the screen but if the screen was very dark and barely visible then the cause could be the inverter. So I just replaced the inverter myself and luckily got my problem solved. You can read the steps to change the inverter by searching toshiba satellite disassembly on Internet, and going through the steps.

I would suggest you to get your Toshiba laptop checked and repaired by some technical person as experimenting with the internal hardware of your laptop without any experience person’s guidance, might end you up in damaging your laptop more than the previous condition. You should probably contact the Toshiba Care Centre and get an appointment fixed to get your laptop checked and repaired as per the condition of the problem. If the product is under warranty period then, it won’t cost much.

Thanks friend. I really appreciate your time and efforts. I am also thinking that the screen has gone completely blank. It might be having some kind of hardware issue or some connection problem which is causing the problem in the laptop. So I also feel that the best solution at the moment is submitting the cell to the Service centre and getting it repaired. That would probably the best possible solution for the hardware issues in my laptop. So, I am also going with that option. Anyways thank you once again.