Thread: Dell Streak won’t Sync with PC Suite in Windows 7 running system

Dell Streak won’t Sync with PC Suite in Windows 7 running system

Hello people, my dad recently purchased the new Dell Streak tablet for him. The device is running well but I am having minor issues which trying to connect the Dell Streak to my Windows 7 running laptop. I am using the Dell Streak PC Suite installed in my system to establish a connection between both the devices. But the PC Suite seems to be not at all interested in detecting the Streak. Does anyone know what could be causing this weird problem? If anyone is having any solution for the problem, then please help me by posting your suggestions.

Re: Dell Streak won’t Sync with PC Suite in Windows 7 running system

According to me there is some kind of issue with the Dell Streak PC suite which you have installed in your Windows 7 running system. You must uninstall the PC suite which is currently installed in your system and then reinstall the correct version of Dell Streak PC Suite. In terms of right version, I am referring to the PC Suite for Windows 7 and the correct bit version (32-bit or 64-bit). You can either use the original PC Suite CD which you must have received along with the Streak at the time of purchase, or else you can download the file from Internet by visiting the official website of Dell.

I am also using Dell Streak and use the PC Suite to connect my Streak with my Windows 7 running PC. You might be facing the issue because either the version of Android in your Dell Streak or the version of PC Suite installed in your Windows 7 PC is not updated to their latest version. So, I would recommend you to first make sure that the Android in your Dell Streak is updated and also the PC Suite which you have installed in your system is updated. Make sure that you have installed the correct drivers.

The following thing has worked for me till now to connect my Dell Streak with my system and synch my data, without facing much issue. I would suggest you to do the following if you are running the Android 2.2 (Froyo) in your Dell Streak then you can use the Nero Sync program to synch your contacts with your system which is running Windows 7 OS. This has worked for me and my friends, and that is why I am suggesting you to atleast give it a try.

There is no issue which I try to connect my Dell Streak to my laptop by using the Dell PC Suite. You should make sure that the PC Suite is updated. Even my cousin’s Streak which is running the Android 1.6 is also getting connected with the PC Suite. You might not be doing the connection using the proper steps. The correct solution to connect the device is to first synch the Outlook contacts with your Google mail and then synch it with your Dell Streak. This have worked for me. So, give it a try.

You should probably visit the Android Market and look out for different apps there which can solve you issue and help you sync your Dell Streak with your system and make it possible for you to synch your outlook contacts with your Streak. I have searched for one such app called “MYPHONEEXPLORER” which is a very powerful app to manage your phone and is capable of synching with Outlook. Search for the same on Internet and download it for your Dell Streak.

Thank you, guys for those lovely comments. They were very helpful. I downloaded the MyPhoneExplorer for my Dell Streak device and I really liked it. It does seems to solve many of my issues and also provides me with many additional features which could be useful for me anytime in the coming future. But I also feel that Dell must have supported the Microsoft ActiveSync or any other building feature to create a synch with the outlook.