Thread: Unable to boot Satellite L300D?

Unable to boot Satellite L300D?

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop now. It’s a Toshiba Satellite L300D-40. I have received it 2 days ago I did some Microsoft updates. Then I was on it for a while then I got off it. I went back on a couple of hours later and I lifted the monitor and nothing. I not even shut it down. I only moved the mouse. The charger was also cold. The battery lid was green and not orange. My son has the same laptop and I tried the battery of that charger but nothing happened. Then again I put the battery in my laptop and I pressed the button of power. I have 5 lid lights on the front and 3 are green, the power lid and picture of a clock lid and the battery lid are on. The charger was warm when the battery lid goes green to orange. When I hear something going on in the laptop and the 3 led’s on. The HDD led doesn’t come on. The screen is black. The before mentioned that work stay on they don’t stop at all after a few minutes .I tried removing the battery and holding the power button down for 30 sec. then 45 sec. I put the battery back in and still a black screen. They said on the internet to try the battery removal and press the power button. Just because the battery led is green and the charger is warm I don’t know if it could be one or the other with a problem. But I tried my sons and it didn’t work. Am now thinking it’s the central processing unit or motherboard. Any suggestions I could try .Any special buttons to press on the key board when it boots. Is there such a thing as a hard boot? I even put in the Toshiba recovery disks and they didn’t work. I tried a secondary monitor thinking the screen was bad and nothing came on the monitor. There isn’t even any beep codes. Not too much on the internet.

Re: Unable to boot Satellite L300D?

I would like to recommend you that you are only doing half the system reset. Let’s try the system restore one more time. The description I am giving I don’t think so that it will work or not. Power off your laptop, unplug the AC adapter from your unit, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30seconds, replace the battery and AC, power on, if/when you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, try to reboot into Windows. I am thinking that now this suggestion will help you in solving the problem.

From the discussion going above I would like to recommend you that Power off your laptop, unplug the AC adapter from your unit, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30seconds. But I would like to suggest you that this time you should remove the ram modules also, put one of the modules back, in a different slot from where it was before, then replace the battery and AC, power on, if/when you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, try to reboot into Windows. If this does not work, repeat the above process, switching the RAM modules, and slots, until when/if you get the BIOS to start, and/or you have tried each RAM module by itself in each slot. If you get as far as getting to reset the BIOS, try to boot into Windows with that setup. Then shut down the laptop and repeat the first step in the empty slot put the remaining RAM module see if it still starts. If not, remove that same module again, and again check to see if it starts.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that I think that you should remove the battery and try booting with the AC adapter only. Remove the AC adapter and the battery even if it still won’t boot. For about 30 seconds hold the power button down. See if it boots after the release of the button plug in the AC adapter. If all this fails to boot your system then I think so that there is a problem occurring with the motherboard. Hope that this suggestion helps you.

I would like to suggest you that problem description is a little bit confusing for me. Anyway, I will just try enter BIOS and set it to default settings, restart your notebook and enter BIOS settings again. Check if the BIOS are recognizing the hard disk properly or not? If yes, restart your notebook and press <F12> to enter list with all available boot devices. Put Vista installations DVD into optical disc drive, choose CD/DVD drive on the list and press ENTER. Follow the menu on the screen and let us know what happen exactly. By the way: have you created Toshiba recovery DVD.

From the discussion going on I thought that I am agreeing with the repair shop. If you have taken out the battery and then also it is not booting your processor then I think that it should be a hard ware problem of the mainboard malfunction and you can nothing expect exchanging the board. But probably it would be better buying a new notebook because mainboard is a very expensive part. If you buy a new notebook you also have a new completely new computer with warranty again.

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the Google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely. i hope that the suggestion given by me will help you in solving the problem