Thread: How to Stream DVD ISO to PS3?

How to Stream DVD ISO to PS3?

I have a number of old movies that I created at my home. So when I transferred from VHS to a recordable DVD player. I have made a support .iso image file from the DVD so that I won‘t lose them. Is there any way for PS3 to play the .iso image file . I want it to play the same way as it played on PC (Daemon Tools) and don’t necessarily need to be burnt to a disc. I want to do a similar thing on my PS3.

Re: How to Stream DVD ISO to PS3?

hey ,mate sorry to hear about your problem , I don ‘t think it is really possible to play an .iso image file on your ps3 as far as I have knowledge, they are not meant for running ISO's are only meant to be burned to a disc. So I think you should again switch back to .VOD extension as that the best extension to store and view an media on a portable drive.

I had a similar problem even with Linux, it was not working. That is why ISO be supposed to only be used for disc burning reason, it isn't meant to be used for backing up files. I have been familiar with of a couple people that backup their audio CDs to ISO files and they can't do nothing with them. If you are going to backup your DVDs and want to do other possessions with them like encoding them to a transportable format or play them from beginning to end on the PS3 then you require to just put the VOB files in a folder and call it a day.

I guess to resolve that problem you need to have to extract the .iso image files to reveal the hideouts of the VOB files. I mean are the VOB files maintained by PS3 or force they need to be Trans coded by media server like the one done by TVersity software. If at all they are supported, will it play in its inventive form that is video and sound quality by the way it should play in my 5.1 .

i believe it will work except that you will have to go off into the ps3 settings and then revolve chronological playback on if the video is out of order. Or else you will have to choose every part of the video to participate after the earlier one come to an end playing, which is very irritating. One thing you can do is to convert the .iso image file or video to file to one h.264 file.

Hii , mate I think you should know that, there are abundant vob files enclosed within DVD's that all hold a sector of the movie all, I mean there is a method of running these mechanically from start to finish of movie. but is you ask me that is there any other file that is typically contained within a DVD that will run these files automatically

No, I think neither the Xbox nor VLC in reality play ISO files. VLC would read what is within an ISO file. Essentially, it will take every VOB file out of the ISO file on-the-fly and play the VOB files. You cannot unswervingly play ISO files, it is impractical. The equivalent thing goes for Xbox Media Center. ISO is like Win Rar and WinZip in that it is just a technique for storing files, not anything more. It is not a video arrangement, or anything along that appearance.