Thread: IPAD not responding to camera kit SD card reader

IPAD not responding to camera kit SD card reader

I am using an IPAD2, when I plug in my camera kit SD card reader to my IPAD2 then, the stick SD card the IPAD does not respond at all. I also purchased the IPAD Camera Connection Kit. I inserted the SD card into the card reader and plugged it into the IPAD and I get an error message that the USB device in not supported. I have several videos on it and I want to view them. Can anyone guide me with the proper instructions?

Re: IPAD not responding to camera kit SD card reader

Do you have any case on your IPAD? If yes, then try removing it and then try again. Also which kind of files are you having on the card? Is it photos or videos? From where did you write the card? From a camera or from computer? If your card is formatted in properly recognized format, then the IPAD should launch the photo application and also you should get a camera tab on it. Hope this method works for you.

Is your memory card formatted in Fat32 or any other? And also, as far as I know it works only with the photos and not with the videos. The camera connector kit will just let you import photos from the camera or from the SD cards on to the IPAD’s internal memory. You cannot view or edit anything directly from the SD card. If you still face any sort of problem, try using some other methods which would work better.

Two connectors are included in this kit, each with a different interface:
    There is a USB interface featured in the Camera Connector. On the dock connector port in IPAD, you can plug this and then using a USB cable you can attach iphone or your digital camera.
    The photos and videos can be directly imported from your SD card of camera using the SD card reader. Only standard phone formats are supported by the Camera Connection Kit and your IPAD, such as RAW and JPEG along with HD and SD formats of videos, including MPEG-4 and H.264.

I got the same error message even after trying 2 SDHC cards. I then inserted my new Micro SD card in an SD adaptor that was in turn placed inside the Apple SD card Adaptor that was working very well. Actually, videos are transferred using the SD Card adaptor but, as per the documentation’s of Apple. MicroSD cards all well as the SDHC card can be used as per the documentation indicated by the documentation.