Thread: Ps3 USB Ports not working

Ps3 USB Ports not working

Hello guys, I just got a new PS3 few weeks ago and now I am facing a problem that my usb ports refuse to work. All four of them. They simply work if you connect something, and then turn the PS3 on. On the Other hand if you take somewhat out it won't work. It started happening after I updated to 2.0. Even a psp will not work. I am not sure what to do. I am Repentant if this is posted over and over, but need assistance. Thanks

Re: Ps3 USB Ports not working

Hey mate , I think you problem smells to be a serious one, I think you should call sony customer care ,because they are the only one who could guide you properly, If you still persists to depend on the website and your friends than that’s your choice .But please see to it that it don ‘t worsen your problem . Hope you a understand what I am saying.

hi mate, My PS3 was also not working USB ports as well. I've made an effort to try every troubleshooting route you could visualize and not anything got those working correctly again. Then I called SCEA Consumer Services and they essentially said If the USB ports are not working properly then there isn't much you can do besides restoring the system. The service center number for Sony ps3 is 1-800-345-7669

I never had such problem but , I think you should try this out ,put your ps3 in an energy saver mode and then ensures that your USB hard drive is attached to it in, that USB port will always not work after in use out of energy save mode, but it will work prior to energy saver. That’s the trick I have tried and this is how you make a ps3 run.

I guess the whole problem here is stationed with simple settings that usually never come up in mind. If your USB hubs are not operational because of a power error you can reset them easily by using the methods I suggest you just go to Settings and the choose System Settings after that click on Restore Default Settings. And voila you are done. It takes about a minute for your setting to reset and afterwards it restart the ps3 for you. Just After the ps3 restart your hardware is set back to typical conditional that it came when you unpacked it.

I was thorough various forums and internet on this issue but did not found anything that worked Then I called a technician that does repairs. I asked him about it and he then checked my PS3 that is having problem. He found out that one of the USB ports was wrecked and that shorted. All my other the USB ports. Confirm with your PS3 and see if anyone of the ports is broken. If it is, you can discover somebody that performs electronics soldering to substitute it for you.

I think I be acquainted with what my difficulty is. Following to opening my case and dismantling the ps3 frequent times, I may have slacken off the power line primary from the PSU into the Motherboard by means of the white 4-wire plug. I feel one of them might be loose. If that's the problem, it would explain why none of your usb devices are being motorized