Thread: PSP 2001 is unable to connect with Wireless network

PSP 2001 is unable to connect with Wireless network

Well I am having PSP 2001. I am having an issue with the wireless connectivity after upgrading with 6.38. I have noticed that the it was unable to connect with unsecured wireless network. It shows an error message which can be described as ‘No access points were detected’ Let me know why i am unable to meet the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: PSP 2001 is unable to connect with Wireless network

Well i wanted confirm certain information so that i will be able to figure out the root cause of the problem. Do you have connected computer with the router? If you are having the computer then let me know in which manner do you have connected with internet? That is whether it is wired network or wireless network. Are you able to get the access to the computer to the router which is connected? Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here i am suggesting that you should reset the settings of the PSP to the default. Well it is same as you do with the rebooting the operating system. After doing the same you have to create a new connection. I let you know that i was having the same problem and i have found that above mentioned solution is working for the situation which you have mentioned over here.

I was having the same problem which i have mentioned over here. However after doing quick googling i have figure out why this particular issue was happening in the situation of mine. I have noticed that 802.11 g mode was selected on the netgear 802.11 g router. So that the PSP of mine was unable to connect with the router of mine. Well the solution is quite simple one need to deselect the 802.11 g mode. after doing the same PSP of mine was able to connect with the wireless network.

In order to fix the matter of yours you need to consider the following point.
    • First of all you have to check the antenna of the PSP.
    • Second thing you have to see that the port forwarding has been done or not.
    • Finally it could be possible that the Firewall and security software might be preventing to connect with router or modem so you need to disable the same.

You have already mentioned that you have been started with the issue after upgrading the firmware of the PSP of yours. so i recommend that you should downgrade the firmware of the PSP which has been installed prior to the upgrading the firmware. I am sure that you will be able to fix the matter of yours after downgrading the firmware. So try the same and let me know about the results.

I have seen number of PSP users who are having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well i am highly suspecting that the problem which you are getting is happening because of the bug issue in the latest version of the firmware. I recommend that you should contact the developer and simply file a bug report on this particular issue. The developer would work around on the situation and release the patch after fixing the bug.