Thread: How to update or install the other version of the browser on PS3?

How to update or install the other version of the browser on PS3?

I am having PS3 from past couple of days. Well i have noticed that the PS3 is seem to be updated with the better Flash support. I have noticed that certain videos and website did not working at all for the kind of the system which is a full media center hub with the support of the browser. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to update or install the other version of the browser on PS3?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here i let you know that it’s not computer which would let you to make the installation of the browser. Just because the media center hub has nothing to be able to access the internet. You need to have a look on the Windows Media Center there is no specific access through the program itself. So i don’t think so there would be any provision for the installation of the browser.

Well I am not sure but PS3 would have the ability to install the alternative browser on it. However the Sony have removed this particular feature from the same. due to this particular thing i have noticed multiple users who have became upset. But still i am not sure about the thing which i have mentioned over here. Well i recommend that you should contact the customer support team to get the further help on this particular matter. I hope they would give you a light shed on this particular matter.

I think you can install a new browser that is Webkit browser on the PS3 of yours. in order to port this particular browser you need to have multiple Open Source libraries from the operating system, OpenGL etc. All the above mentioned things are missing on the PS3. However i wanted to make aware of a positive thing that is PS suite is requiring the same libraries for the ports to the PS3. Once the Webkit is active on the PS3 port the game would be ported through the PS suite.

The version of the webkit has been selected by the Sony is a GTK+webkit which is using the Cairo SVG for the rendering and Gstreamer for the AV streams. We all are knowing that the Firefox is using the same libraries to make support for the Cairo and gstreamer on each and every platform. In case Firefox has been ported to the platform then GTK webkit could be ported to the same platform. Or Sony can PS suite port applications and PS1 games.

Well i am not sure but the browser should be included with the firmware of the PS3. According to me all the above mentioned things are in the hand of the Sony only. They have told me that they are going tp rewrite the firmware of the PS3. I am hoping that the Sony people would make the thing as early as possible so that all the users would be able to get the requirement as early as possible.