Thread: How to recover PS3 game save data from the broken PS3?

How to recover PS3 game save data from the broken PS3?

Well I think you have figure out the thing which i wanted to ask after looking on the title of this particular thread. I have broken down PS3 of mine and I am unable to make use of the same. i wanted to recover all the game save from the hard drive without using the PS3 of mine. Can anyone tell me how can i do the same? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to recover PS3 game save data from the broken PS3?

I am not sure but the thing which you are looking to have is not difficult to achieve. Well I let you know that you need to remove the hard drive from the PS3 of your and simply connect the same with the computer of yours by using something like connector. Once you have done the same I think you will be recover all the game save from the hard disk of the broken PS3. So try the same and let me know about the result.

Many of the users on other forums are suggesting that in order to recover the data one should connect broken PS3 hard drive to the new purchased PS3. Personally i am suggesting that you should do the above mentioned thing at all. Why i am telling you because after connecting the broken PS3 hard drive to the new PS3, the device would format the drive automatically and you will lose all the saved game data would be deleted instantly. So you should take care that you should not do the thing which i have mentioned in this post.

Well i don’t agree with the thing which you have mentioned in your post. The thing would definitely work if you use the instruction which i have mentioned over here.
    • First of all you should get the Ethernet Cable in order to transfer the data from the broken PS3 of yours. now you should deactivate the PS3 on PSN.
    • Now you have to go for the system settings and go for the Data Transfer. You have to set the original PS3 to send the data to the new PS3.

So try the same and let me know about the result.

As far as i know there is no specific solution to get the requirement of yours. in order to prevent such issue you need to take backup at regular interval of the time on the device like USB or Flash Drive or something like that. This the only thing which you can do to avoid such issue. Anyway i let you know if i come across any other specific solution as early as possible so that you can get the requirement of yours.

In this particular situation the only customer support team can help you out to fix the matter of yours. let me know whether you are having the service warranty of the of yours. if you are having the same then you should claim for the same at the service center. All the repairing of the device would be conducted at free of cost. If you are not having the same then you need to pay at the official service center.