Thread: Toshiba satellite R10 tablet does not recognize HDD

Toshiba satellite R10 tablet does not recognize HDD

My Toshiba Satellite R10 showing the long list of errors regarding the HDD while booting. The tablet PC is not recognizing the hard drive expects showing some kind of errors and failure. I have taken out and put back the HDD many time. I went into BIOS and played into many settings and also changed the primary boot option. Still no luck. I have interpret it might be the SATA driver and speculate how to fix this especially with no FDD (floppy disk drive) I have a replica of Windows xp home OEM that I can utilize except lacking being capable to distinguish the hard drive I can’t dig up any advance.

Re: Toshiba satellite R10 tablet does not recognize HDD

If there is a floppy drive (Floppy), can create a floppy with SATA / RAID-driver (downloaded from the manufacturer of your motherboard or SATA / RAID-controller) and install the system to press F6. The BIOS search option to disable AHCI (after the boot CD "sees" hard drive). Parameter can be called by different names depending on the manufacturer, for example:
    • Configure SATA as: IDE
    • AHCI Mode: Disabled
    • SATA Controller Mode: Compatibility
    • SATA Operation: ATA
    • SATA Native Mode: Disable

First I would ensure the HDD you have installed is right seated plus connected since the old HDD was. If the old HDD utilized a carrier, a metal frame that rehabilitated the HDD to correct links of the motherboard, that you are at rest utilizing that coach and not merely plugging the latest HDD into place. If following you have established the whole thing is installed appropriately and connected correctly you at rest cannot dig up the system bios to distinguish the fresh HDD, get rid of the a/c power cord, eliminate the battery, and depart the system unpowered for several minutes. Now put all things back and power up. Go to BIOS and reset it.

In whichever occasion, Ever since you have put back your HDD, in excess of probable your restore disk(s) will not function, the majority restore disks hold merely a piece of the software that was on top of your laptop, the rest was saved inside a hidden partition on top of the old HDD that will not be present. If the latest HDD was bought wherever place besides than Toshiba unswervingly by means of the clarification of what happened and they sent you a substitute HDD by way of that partition re-installed.

Your notebook does not detect hard drive. Is the drive defective? So I estimate that you have an S-ATA HDD. Perhaps you ought to start during the setup, press F3 I think. You need the SATA drivers from the motherboard, which should be there on the producer side. The driver can handle all SATA hard drives; Windows wants to distinguish "only" the SATA controller, which sits just on top of the Motherboard

If your hard drive is not detected at all. A single hard disk (or device connected to the channel).
    • Power connector on the hard disk
    • Grafts placed correctly (CS Enabled generally refers to the location automatically)
    • IDE connector in the right direction
    • Automatic detection in the BIOS
    • Capacity limits of hard disk: the old PC does not detect new hard disks.
    • Installing an old hard disk IOP (less than 8.2 GB) blocks if the PC is installed on the primary port .

A hard disk can snap, is the mechanical part that fails but the controller. It can still be detected by the BIOS using the controller in some cases but more access to data. When the computer starts, the BIOS will automatically detect the hard drive (brand, capacity,). We have seen that without this detection in the BIOS, the hard disk controller is down. Now, at the beginning of the Windows startup disk seems to hang, not even Windows logo. This is not a hardware failure but most often a software failure (in fact the contents of the boot partition are corrupted).