Thread: Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8812 Laptop shuts off by itself

Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8812 Laptop shuts off by itself

Currently I am using the laptop called Toshiba Satellite P205d-S8812. From the last couple of weeks I am having a strange problem with this laptop and that is it shutting off indiscriminately. I can locate no prototype to the shutting off. Every so often it takes more than a few restarts to dig up it on---I push the on/off key, it will begin to turn on except will afterward shut off over again. I know that it is not a typical overheating trouble like I have interpret since this can occur within one or two minutes of turning it on—otherwise it can come on following 8 hrs of being on.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8812 Laptop shuts off by itself

Overheating is one of the most common problems faced, repairing laptops Toshiba. If the radiator is not completely clogged with dust and nap, then you can just blow it with compressed air (without disassembling the laptop). But when the radiator is clogged badly it does not help.
    • Get access to the radiator, for, in some cases it is sufficient to remove the cover at the bottom of the laptop, but often have to disassemble the laptop.
    • Carefully disconnect the wires going from the cooler to the motherboard.
    • Clean cooler if it published the work with an unusual sound, I recommend to lubricate it or replace it.
    • Clean the radiator and replace the grease.

I have exactly the same problem with my Toshiba laptop, and it's not a virus problem since I formatted my hard drive and changed nothing, I scanned several times my laptop with avast, no result. I also think overheating; I tried the compressed gas bomb. As otherwise I'm assuming that the battery out of order. I use my laptop every day for about 8 to 5 hours average last year and a half; I would like to replace a battery on a laptop. Hope that it will work for me if this is the reason for laptop to shuts off.

I think that it is the hibernation problem. The hibernation, unlike the classic standby, can completely turn off the computer by backing up all of his working session on the hard disk. For this, the entire memory of the computer is copied to disk in a file hiberfil.sys before the machine is turned off. Upon reboot, the contents of this file will be copied back into RAM in order to regain your session. This hibernation is enabled by default in Windows Vista. Cons on XP, it is not enabled by default. If you do not have a use, then you can disable it. This will delete the hiberfil.sys to free up space on your hard drive.

For this kind of issue many will be going to suggest that you need to upgrade the Bios to the latest version. I personally think that to update the BIOS is not the most productive choice at this time. I am telling this because if the laptop is already running with latest version of BIOS then there is no meaning of updating the BIOS because it is not the cause. It is clear that the problem does not depend on a version of BIOS installed, but probably overheating your machine. The problem occurs whether the PC is connected to power or running with the battery alone?

Anyone who uses the computer for many hours a day, especially during the summer and never let it rest, you will notice the problem of restarting. In these cases due to high temperatures at which the hardware is submitted, mainly the CPU, RAM and hard disk. Since each device can work well within a certain range of temperatures, when the latter exceeds the threshold, the computer may shut down and then restart. This is also true for low temperatures. Another reason why the laptop turns off and reboots may be due to some hardware incompatibility.