Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6986 laptop random reboots with 8GB RAM

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6986 laptop random reboots with 8GB RAM

I lately installed 8GB of G.Skill PC3-10600/DDR3 1333 memory in my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6986. The whole thing appeared good until the PC randomly rebooted. It occurred some more times at indiscriminate. I ran the Memtest86+ 4.20 and started testing. Again some more random reboots. I reseated the memory but still the same. Is there anybody who is experiencing the spontaneous rebooting problem? Does anybody know the solution for this?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6986 laptop random reboots with 8GB RAM

I was also getting the same problem with my Toshiba laptop but it was of different model. I have tried the several general troubles shooting thing but none of them can help me to solve the problem. My system is clear and free of virus and the HDD is not full. The CPU usage and the laptop temperature seem to be normal in any condition. I know that there is no power related issue. I don’t know that could be the problem. I tried contacting the Toshiba customer service center and talked with technical guys. They told me that my laptop doesn’t support the 8GB memory.

I establish somewhere that people suggested disabling the Legacy USB support within BIOS, since it causes a number of memory-mapping errors through Memtest86+. Fine, I did this, and Memtest ran very well without any issues for more than an hour. I rebooted into Windows 7 64 bit) and up to now, a day afterward, I have experienced no further crashes or reboots

First of all you need to check the physical continued existence of the RAM. If everything is perfect then you need to test the memory at the speed of 1066. If it passes the entire test then test the memory at the speed of 1333. For this you need to alter the memory voltage. In my case I will not go to 1333 of my memory working perfect with 1066. 1333 with 8GB of RAM may simply cause instabilities. The dissimilarity within system performance among 1066 as well as 1333 is insignificant and not appeals the possible instabilities and you might just be capable to run it at inferior voltages. Please verify, along with the specifications your motherboard supports 4 un-buffered DIMMs max by 8GB RAM max.

First you have to make sure what the utmost quantity of RAM that your laptop’s motherboard can grip. This information you come across in the technological specifications of the instruction booklet. Certainly it is furthermore basic to the kind of RAM: DDR2, DDR3 as well as its FSB. Purchase latest RAM. For instance, if you would like to toggle to 8 GB you better purchase two 4GB modules since of one, using the dual-channel and 2, for the reason that it costs under a lone module 8Gb. You can as well just purchase a module and thus accomplish 6GB 4Gb Total (2 +4).

I have also tried the several things to resolve this issue in my Toshiba laptop. I have ran the memory test several time but the test wouldn’t be able to complete because the laptop was randomly rebooting. Then I thought that it might be something to do with Windows 7. To check it I just got a Live Linux CD and booted my laptop through it. I worked in that for several minutes. The laptops didn’t reboots at all, not even crash. I got the reason now. I just re-installed the Windows 7 once again. Now the laptop is working perfectly.

Knowing what is the utmost RAM, 8 GB do for instance, and you must observe how lots of slots are on the motherboard. They are typically 2 (apart from in particular cases). To perform this you have to unlock the wrap of the RAM that is situated at the base of the laptop. Depending on the replica you might have single otherwise two slots engaged. If your laptop does not contain this straight access toward RAM (extremely rare), and in that case would factually have got to unlock the laptop, after that this must be made by somebody who knows what, probably an engineer.