Thread: Cannot install the flash clockworkmod recovery as Droid X Rom Manager won’t allow me?

Cannot install the flash clockworkmod recovery as Droid X Rom Manager won’t allow me?

I have a serious problem occurring in my droidX phone and the problem is cannot install the flash clockworkmod recovery as Droid X Rom Manager won’t allow me? So while downloading it keeps on giving error messages in the downloading recovery message. I have also downloaded the boostrapper clockworkmod application to install a ROM but it is not showing me the recovery made. Can someone please help me in solving this problem? The phone is rebooting constantly and things are going missing.

Re: Cannot install the flash clockworkmod recovery as Droid X Rom Manager won’t allow me?

I would like to recommend you that I was also suffering from the same problem 2 to 3 days before and when I flashed a new ROM and I did not like that ROM. I think that I should have to download the ROM manager from the market itself and install both the paid and the trial version of the ROM manager. After that there is not any issue regarding this problem. I hope that this will help you in solving this problem.

Re: Cannot install the flash clockworkmod recovery as Droid X Rom Manager won’t allow me?

I think that you should do the following thing to fix the problem:
    • I think that you should download the appropriate clockwork recovery img file from index.
    • Rename the downloaded img to the recovery .img and copy it to the /system / recovery.img on my phone
    • Now follow the steps from the Wikipedia sites of the android wiki.
    I had to do all that ADB shell with my phone booted into Sp Recovery for it to work. I now have clockwork recovery 1.8.1.2 installed and am restoring my android from this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

The real version of the UD it is the 4th version that doesn’t support the ROM manager. The developer of the UD suggests that you should use the Chevyno1’s froyo kernels because they say that it works best in this phone. I am thinking that you have Rom Manager. I am assuming you are on clockwork mod recovery. That being said you could and should try to find ChevyNo1's froyo kernels and install them the way you would any kernel. GL.

What do you mean you can't install over? As in it physically won't let you, or that the phone freaks due to incompatibility? If it’s due to incompatibility (check the dev's site for that) you are out of luck, not much you can do except petition Chevy to make a kernel that works with it.

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the Google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely.