Thread: Dell Streak with latest Android OS

Dell Streak with latest Android OS

I have a Dell Streak and I want to install the most up-to-date operating system in it. I am thinking about installing or putting the Android 2.3 in it. I know that the Dell streak already got the Android 2.2 Froyo update officially. Does anybody know any kind of guide, walkthrough or any tips? Any kind of suggestions will be accepted. I hope that it is really possible for a streak to hold that latest operating system.

Re: Dell Streak with latest Android OS

Recently I have heard somewhere that the upcoming Android 2.4 Honeycomb operating system by Google is furthermore coming toward the Dell Streak. The device is concerning to obtain an update by the help of the Honeycomb SDK port. This isn’t authorized however since it’s simply a hack by someone. However you are talikg aboit Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I think that it is possible for you to put this OS in Dell streak because it looks like it is developed to work in both Mobile phone as well as Tablet PC. If you want to put in tablet based OS then you can’t right now.

I know that the Dell Streak 5inch and 7 inch comes with Android 2.1 operating system. You then need to upgrade it to Android 2.2 (Froyo). However yet there is no news about updating the Streak to 2.3 Gingerbread. The recent rumors say that some hackers have already port into the Android 2.3 and 2.4 SDK to install it and run into your Dell Streak. However the official news is only the Dell Streak 10 will come with Android 3.0 previously installed.

The Dell Streak’s producer, the “Dell”, is fining resolute to run Android 2.2 OS barely on top of this tablet-cum-phone. It indicates, Dell Streak can run barely Android 2.2 which is a mobile phone definite OS; and it is firm to port whichever tablet precise Android OS on top of it similar to Android 3.0 Honeycomb. However hackers are much munificent than our assumption and have no sound “not possible” inside their vocabulary. As a result they have directed to port Android 3.0 Honeycomb on the Dell Streak portable device.

It looks like that Dell must port Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system on top of its Streak Model in no moment or else the hackers are prepared to open their hack to accomplish so. We expect that t Dell Streak will be a renowned gadget which will encompass a dual boot system during near prospect; permitting the consumers to moreover utilize it like a mobile phone set through Android 2.2 Froyo otherwise try Android 3.0 Honeycomb to utilize the Dell Streak like a tablet as well.

Dell is anticipated to a discharge a 10-inch Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet, named Dell Streak 10 Pro and in line with latest benchmark consequences outside online, the tablet might have the most up-to-date Android 3.1 Honeycomb. If the Dell Streak 10 can run Android Honeycomb then I assume that it can also capable to run In Streak 5 and 7. I am saying this because all Dell streaks are based on similar design and architecture but with different screen size, resolution and computing power or may be with some differentiation in features.

I know that the latest hack is capable to run the Android 2.3 in Dell streak but it is not official. As I can see it may work well in streak but I think that it will loose the warranty in it. So I am waiting till there is an official version to come about. The current and the latest Android OS is for Streak is Android 2.2 Froyo which was released in February. After that release there is no other or new release either from the Dell or AT&T.