Thread: Unable to connect My Dell Mini 5 Streak through Wifi Network with hidden SIDDS

Unable to connect My Dell Mini 5 Streak through Wifi Network with hidden SIDDS

Hello folks, I bought my UNLOCKED Dell Streak 5 tablet from ebay before somedays and it was operating fabulously but here it got some problem. As I had tried to use it on my office wireless network which has a hidden SIDDS. It wasn’t connecting on it. Generally, any other device can connect to it; formerly we manually put in the SIDDS and WAP security identification. The problem is happening only with my Streak and not with any other devices. I have a Streak (with Froyo 2.2) actually cannot connect to any hidden wireless network even if I manually attempt to build up it. Gives error - "Network not in range" stating as the network is out of its range but in actuality it wasn’t. However, my Streak connects properly with any other broadcasted visible WiFi networks. Can anyone have known about this problem’s Solution?

Re: Unable to connect My Dell Mini 5 Streak through Wifi Network with hidden SIDDS

Hello, buddy normally SSIDS are not use to hidden. If your streak 5 doesn’t connecting a network with hidden SSID are actually working in the way they should. As many people complaint similar problem with their device, but it normal to happen because this device hadn’t manufacture with this features, and they ignore such hidden connection available near to it. So try to connect it with the visible connection as this is the only way through which you connect WiFi Network.

Re: Unable to connect My Dell Mini 5 Streak through Wifi Network with hidden SIDDS

So you are telling that your Dell Streak Does not have the features to get connect to the WiFi Network with hidden SIDDS, but as per my knowledge Most of the latest Smartphone have the features and ability to connect to hidden SIDDS. So there can be possible chance of getting this problem, so try to update your current version, which might add this features to its system, or try by modifying some related root files.

I will have to go little off topic, but this happens with Froyo 2.2, 2.3 and GB ROMs (not with the Eclair ROMs), and it not related more with the hidden SSIDS. In fact I believe it has more related with the kernel (Conap's CFS or BFS vs. Zanfur) than it does with Dell Mini 5 (Android version) Even Still there are chances that I can be wrong about that. So the there are possibility that the problem can be solved by some modification or upgrading the Kernel.

Yes I had seen many complaint on this issue and noticed that most of them are related with Dell Mini Streak (with Froyo 2.2 or 2.3 ), So first Turn on the WiFi router using a Widget or you can use also just a Setting which is toggle in an application like Quick Setting. It will most probably take 5-10 minutes before it finally connects to the access point. However If its pursue like the settings->wireless & networks and then check WiFi to enable it, it will make the connection in the some seconds , and also everytimes when you try to access a Network with hidden SIDDS, hope this will work out for you in effective way.