Thread: How to add music to dell streak

How to add music to dell streak

My very first question is where do I drag and drop my music? When I connect my Streak via USB and choose “copy other files to/from my computer” it does mounting and then I am stuck, I am not sure that where to place my selected songs. My another question is, how to make so that the Streak does NOT display every single audio file under “Songs”? When I open music application under songs, I find a message tones, ringtones and notifications that I had downloaded via Zedge under songs. It’s very much annoying, even the Face book notification “pop” sound is here.

Re: How to add music to dell streak

If you can spare a £10 for every month, just go with the Spotify application. But paying for a spotify is not really a good solution though it is a good application. There should be a folder on the SD card called music, if it is not there just make one and put everything in there, the music player will find it. Hopefully that will stop showing every sound file on your phone as well, but I really know about that.

If your Streak works like most of the Android phones, then create the following folder structure on your SD card:
    Code:
    Media /audio /music /ringtones /alarms /notifications. It will be obvious that what you will put in each folder. The files which are on my phone under alarms, ringtones, and notifications do not show up in the music applications. Be very careful of using the .nomedia trick to hide files. There is a known bug which will cause a lot to delete files that were in the folder.

• Firstly connect your device to your computer using USB cable.
    • Verify from your computer screen that your “Removable Disk” appears on it.
    • Open the folder using Windows Explorer to view files.
    • Then click on OK.
    • Copy and paste or just drag and drop files from your computer to the corresponding folder on your memory card
    • After transferring all click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon, click safely remove Mass Storage Device, disconnect your device from the computer and then make sure all music are stored in your memory card.