Thread: How to Upgrade 2.2 on dell streak 5

How to Upgrade 2.2 on dell streak 5

Last month I just got a dell streak 5 from one of my friend. It was on AT&T, but I am not having turned it on yet. I am running it with a wifi right now. The problem I am facing is that it is still running on 1.6 and I wanted it to upgrade it to 2.2 and also to see about getting a flash player. I was searching it for more than a week and so and still I am not getting any anything to update this. I would really appreciate it, if any anyone could point me out with the right direction.

Re: How to Upgrade 2.2 on dell streak 5

If you are not able to get the update via the air for AT&T or rogers yet then all you have to do is just call the dell mobile customer service and they will email you the link for it. The number you can call is 1-800-624-9896, but make sure that you have your express service number. Your service number can be found under the battery cover. I was tired of waiting on for AT&T to push it so then I called the Dell and got it in just five minutes

If you don’t know how to check for Dell Streak Android 2.2 updates, don’t worry! Here are some steps by which you can get the updates. Firstly, hit the Streaks Menu button, after doing that just select the Settings button. After that scroll to the bottom and select About Phone button. Then click on the System Updates. At that point, it will open the phone’s browser. And if the updates are available, then just follow the on-screen instructions.

The update is available on the air. This means that, your streak 5 should notify you about the updates. After you find the updates, just follow the on-screen instructions, it’s very easy. But be aware that this looks like it’s going to be a staggered release, as always with affairs. This means that the wait may or may not be over for you, since it may take many days before your Streak finally decides to offer you the update.

If you want to update your Streak 5 to android 2.2 by following these steps:
    First of all what you have to do is, download the file: android 2.2 firmware. Rename your file to update.pkg and then copy it to the root of your memory card of the devices. After doing so, switch off your phone and start it by pressing and holding volume up and volume down buttons and the power button. This will get you to the recovery menu, where you have to select option 2 for the software upgradation from a pkg file. The phone will automatically do a factory reset and for the of 5 or more minutes, you will be running with Android 2.2