Thread: Low Wi-Fi signal in Froyo running Dell Streak

Low Wi-Fi signal in Froyo running Dell Streak

Hey guys, I recently purchased Dell Streak for myself. It is running Android 2.2 Froyo in it. I didn’t, find any issue with the tablet until yesterday, when I tried accessing Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet. The signal is very poor in my Dell Streak. I tried many times to connect to Wi-Fi but was unable to do so. Please help me to solve this issue with my Dell Streak. It will be very kind of you guys to reply your kind suggestions. Your suggestions will be appreciated like always.

Re: Low Wi-Fi signal in Froyo running Dell Streak

You must probably make sure that all the connection are good and are working. Check the router settings. To cross check whether your router is working well and good, I would recommend you to try to connect some other device to your router and check whether you are able to connect to Internet using the Wi-Fi. You can connect some other mobile, Tablet of Laptop and check the Wi-fi connection. If you are still getting low signal, than you have problems with the router.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my post. It was very kind of you to spend your quality time and effort to post your suggestion. I did exactly you asked me to do. I connected my brother’s Apple iPhone to the Wi-Fi and to my surprise, it was showing very good signal in them. But when I tried connecting my Dell Streak to the same Wi-Fi network, I am not getting any damn signal. Please help me, solving my issue as this is seriously irritating me.

Dude, you might be having some kind of issue with your Dell Streak device. There might be some issue with its firmware. So, I would recommend you to perform update in your Streak tablet. You can visit the official website of Android, and then install the latest update for your Streak. Once done with updating, restart your Streak and check out whether your problem still exists with your tablet.

The problem of Wi-fi signal in Dell Streak running Froyo seems to be very common now. As you have purchased the Streak in recent times, the best possible solution for you would be to contact the nearest Dell Support Centre or Dell Store and submit your device for repairing. The problem might be causing because of some hardware issue in your device. And as its recently purchased, you will get your device repaired for free, as your device is still under warranty period.

Thank you for your quality suggestion. As now I am super frustrated with this issue of Wi-Fi in my Dell Streak tablet, finally I have decided to submit this device to the Dell Store and get it checked by their technical staff only. I am hoping that the problem get fixed or else the only option I have got is to return it back and to purchase some better working tablet. But I really wanted the Dell Streak to work as I like it a lot. The looks and the features are very nice.