Thread: How to edit the intro/lock screen in Dell Streak

How to edit the intro/lock screen in Dell Streak

Hey guys, I am very new to the Dell Streak tablet which is running Android Operating System, kind of newbie to this so please help me solving my minor issues regarding it. Actually I wanted to edit the Dell Streak intro/lock screen which prompts the following: "This phone belongs to:"? Does anyone know about any possible solution for this thing? Please co-operate and feel free to post your suggestions. Your help and suggestions will surely be appreciated.

Re: How to edit the intro/lock screen in Dell Streak

The Dell Streak does not have a hardware lock switch in it. The lock screen appears on the screen of Dell Streak whenever the device is switched on. This is happening to prevent the device to get affected by some accidental operations of the user. You can perform any type of editing on this lock screen by using ScreenModeWidget. You can find this on Internet or visit the Android Market and download the following widget from there.

I am using this particular method to change the intro/lock screen in my Dell Streak Tablet. It might sound to be little weird to you guys, but this is what have worked for me all these months. So I would also recommend you to atleast try the method I use in your Dell Streak and check whether the suggestion worked in your case or not. What you need to do is just download and install AVG antivirus in your system. After installation, run AVG and navigate to the following path:
    Menu >> Settings >> Remote Management >> and edit Lost Message

I would suggest you to visit the Android market and search for some application (apps) which would help you to edit or modify the intro/lock screen in your Dell Streak Tablet. As Dell Streak runs Android Operating system, the best possible app of software for your tablet will be available on Android Market, as it contains more than a million different apps. But I would like to make it clear that, you might need to purchase the apps if they are not the free one.

I am using this app called Contact Owner in my Dell Streak system. And it is capable of solving the issue which you are talking about. The Contact Owner is an Android app on AppBrain will display the information of your contacts when you have locked your device. Thus, allowing only the finder to contact you. You can edit the lock/intro screen by choosing yourself/or your friend from the contact lists and then choosing among them which information you wish to display in your device.

Thank you for your response guys. It was truly amazing. I downloaded the apps as you people suggested me to do and luckily they have done there trick for me. I did not try the app Contact Owner mentioned in the last suggestion but I will surely try tat too. Once again thank you so much for your time and efforts. Please guys, continue doing the good job, you have been doing till now by helping needy people like me.