Thread: Unable to install Angry Birds Rio getting error code ‘-18’

Unable to install Angry Birds Rio getting error code ‘-18’

I am having HTC Desire from past couple of weeks. Well we know that Angry Birds Rio was released recently. I have tried to install the same on the phone of mine and I have noticed that it was resulting into the error message. The error message can be written as ‘Installation error Unkwnown reason -18’ Let me know whether there is an issue with the game itself or with the phone of mine. let me know if you are having specific solution to fix the matter of mine.

Re: Unable to install Angry Birds Rio getting error code ‘-18’

Well I have done lots of research work on this particular problem and I have managed to figure out the root cause of the problem which you are facing. According to my research work I am suspecting that the problem is happening because you have installed the app on the SD card rather than of the phone memory. you need to change to the apps2sd or simply change to the setInstallLocation and see whether it is helping you out or not.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here and I have managed to fix the matter of mine. well I have moved all the apps from the phone memory and you have to put the same into the microSD card into the Card reader and you have to remove the .android_secure folder. After doing the same you should try to install the app on the phone of yours and I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the phone which you are using currently. Well I think you need to perform a factory reset on the phone of yours. it would remove all the setting and bring the phone in to the state as you have switch on the phone first time. Well after performing the factory reset you need to go for installing the app on the phone of yours. so you should try the same and let me know about the result.

You can solve the problem of your by using the instruction which I have mentioned over here to fix the matter of yours. First of all you have to unmount the SD card and then you need to download and install the game from the Android Market. Now after doing the installation you have to mount the same on the SD card. So use the steps and feel free to ask if you are having any query.

It is well known that video games are having bug issue. So it could be possible that the error message which you are getting might be happening due to bug issue. Well I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and simply file a bug report. you should mention the information regarding the bug issue and the error message which you are getting on the phone of yours. the developer would fix the bug and release the patch which you can use to fix the same.