Thread: Motorola Droid X freezes in spite of ROM

Motorola Droid X freezes in spite of ROM

Hi, I have bought a new Droid X and it was working perfectly since I install a new ROM, it often gets freeze, I am not getting why this is happening, because for some it was working perfectly when I install a new ROM, and suddenly it just happened, now I am too worried as this is too costly, and off course my first smart phone, what would have been wrong, that causes such a problem, has anyone had this glitch ever, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Motorola Droid X freezes in spite of ROM

I think according to me you got have got some corrupted ROM and because of that you’re having these problem, see this is too important while downloading such a ROM, you should download it from the particular legitimate source instead of a local websites, because they all provides the application with the same name, but after installing that ROM, this kind of problems occurred, and sometimes this may lead to cause more damage to the smart phone.

See I have heard that the Android version 2.2.1 and System version 2.3.340, they both are not compatible with each other and thus it causes the issue while loading the newly installed ROMs. Thus may I know are you using the same as I mentioned, if yes then I would suggest you to uninstall that first and try to install the new versions software, or simply update the previous version with some other version, I am not sure but still you can try this out.

I want to ask you one question, are you using some unwanted applications that are downloaded from the various local websites? Because running such a high weighted application causes the same problem, and end up with progressive damaging the hardware, thus first of all I would suggest you to uninstall that unnecessary application from your phone and then, try to switch on the phone, and apart from this, have you ever try to pull the battery off? This also sometimes fixes such problems. I hope this would work.

Ok, don’t bother, as this is happens because of some corrupted files, thus I would like to recommend you that you should reset your phone, as this is very simple and traditional method to make all the settings to their default one, I am not sure that this would help you but, many problems including yours, got solved by doing these soft resetting, and if suppose you pursuing the same problem, I would say you should try to flash the mobile, but before flashing always take backup.

Have you install any overlocking application in your smart phone through the application market? Because one I had also made the same mistake, and the reason behind this is it'll cause bootloops, always make sure that you’re not sharing any of the files such as build.prop across the ROMs otherwise it would probably cause the same error. I would recommend you to play nicely. Or try to restart the phone without the SD card, and if suppose it get properly started without freezing, then the problem is in the SD itself, you must have to format the card.