Thread: Using Swype Keyboard on Dell Streak?

Using Swype Keyboard on Dell Streak?

I have a very easy question for you is that how to perform the cursor back or forward on the dell streak mobile keyboard or on the swype keyboard? I have seen that the keyboard has a ‘backspace’ key which is used to deletes a character or if I hold the key For A long time then it will delete the whole word. But I only want to move the cursor forward or backward without deleting the word or the character. How can I do this?

Re: Using Swype Keyboard on Dell Streak?

There are a lot of things available with the Swype keyboard. If you hold swype key then a popup menu will appear. There are even tutorials for our help. The suggestion for your questions is that if you swipe your fingers from the swype keyboard and then you will see the system keys you have to edit the keyboard.

You got to hold the text box area and wait for a dialog to pop up. Then select input methods and then swype.i find swipe kind of hard to use because of the keyboard size. But it’s always good to have. Thanks, Dude...knew it was something easy. You are right, the swype kb is huge...was much nicer on my Vibrant. I just wish you could dynamically select text on the fly by moving the cursor by touch like the iPhone...

From the discussions going on I would like to recommend you that you should go with the swype keyboard. But I don’t have swype keyboard the thing I dislike when using keyboards other than stock keyboard (1.6) is that you need to type in a separate window whereas the stock keyboard can input the typed text directly.