Thread: Fan doesnt work in Sony Vaio PCG-K15

Fan doesnt work in Sony Vaio PCG-K15

I am using Sony Vaio PCG-K15 laptop which is quite old and I am using windows Xp service pack 2 in my laptop. My laptop is vet nice as it all the required features. From last one week my laptop Fan has stopped working suddenly and because of that I am not able to use my laptop more than 2 hours as after that it starts heating. Now I have no idea about how to fix this issue if you have any solution then please let me know. Is there anything wrong with my FAN and motherboard connection?

Re: Fan doesnt work in Sony Vaio PCG-K15

I have read your problem and I think you are facing this problem because your laptop fan may be gets jammed due to dust. As you have said that your laptop is old and I think you have never clean your laptop and that is why you are facing this problem. According to me you have to try to solve the problem by removing the dust from your fan. And after doing that you will not get any issue with your laptop FAN. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

I was facing the same problem with my laptop and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet. But I didn’t get any solution on the internet. After that one of my friend opened my laptop and removed the FAN of my laptop and after that he cleaned all the things properly with compressed air and after that he put back the FAN on my laptop. After that my FAN started working properly. I will advise you to try this trick only if you have proper tool.

I think you should not try this trick to solve this problem because it is very risky. If you tried this trick and if anything wrong will happen then your laptop may get dead also, according to me you have to take your laptop to the service center and ask there about your issue. I think after doing that your problem will get solved quickly and you will not face this problem again. I hope this information will be help you. If you have any more doubts then let me know.

As you have said in your post that by cleaning the laptop fan ican solve this problem and after reading that thing I have tried this trick to solve the problem but I didn’t have proper tool to open the laptop and that is why I didn’t open the laptop. I have called at Sony service center and asked about solution regarding my problem and they told that I have to give laptop in service center and after that I will get the solution and I have done the same thing. Now my laptop fan is working properly.