Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011

no sound in Medion UK 15 laptop

I have purchased the Medion UK 15 Model 2 MIM 2230 laptop for my system and she was using this laptop without getting any problem after that I upgraded its operating system from windows XP to windows vista. After upgrading the operating system I am not able to get the sound from my laptop. now please tell me what should I do to fix this issue. is there anyone who is facing the similar problem and have the solution then please help me with it.
Old 03-06-2011

Re: no sound in Medion UK 15 laptop

I have gone through your issue and I think you have to try to fix this issue by doing this trick. First go to my computer and after that right click there and then select the properties. Now one dialogue box will appear, now select the device manager and then right click on the sound and audio option. After that click on the enable after that you have to restart the laptop and then you will be able to get the sound properly. Please let me know whether this idea worked for you or not?
Old 03-06-2011

After reading your issue I would like to tell you that if you have installed the fresh operating system if you have not run the driver CD yet then I think first of all you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop and after that install the all the driver in your laptop. After installing all the driver your all the basic feature of the laptop will start working again. After installing the driver it will restart your laptop and after that you will be able to get the sound from your laptop.
Old 03-06-2011

I have read your problem and according to me you are facing this problem because of your sound driver incompatibility. That is why I would like to tell you that you have to download the sound drivers from internet which support with windows vista because the drivers which you have installed form your CD may be only compatible with windows XP that is why I am giving you this suggestion. I hope after doing that you will not face any issue.
Old 03-06-2011

If you are still not able to get the sound from your laptop and you have tried all the possible thing to solve it then I think there is something wrong with your sound card. That is why first make sure that your sound card is working properly or not? If you don?t know how to check that then I think you have to take your laptop to the service center and after that asked about your problem. In service center they will solve this issue very quickly. I hope this information will be helpful for you.
Old 04-06-2011

I have read your post and after that I have tried to fix this issue by updating the drivers and reinstalling the driver also. I have also tried to fix this problem by downloading and installing the windows vista supported driver but after that also I didn?t get any help. Then I read your last post and I checked my sound card and I found it faulty and after that I replaced it. Now my laptop is working properly. Thank you for all the suggestion and replies.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,