Thread: Unable to charge Advent 5313 laptop

Unable to charge Advent 5313 laptop

Hello Friends, my Advent 5313 has encountered charging problem, it has stopped charging suddenly. I also tried connecting DC adaptor directly but still the result is the same. Please help me out as early as possible because my laptop has no battery left. I also tested the charger with a multimeter and I got a reading. And I also tried my charger on the same and still the result is the same its not working so please and one suggest.

Re: Unable to charge Advent 5313 laptop

It is the most common crisis that most of them faces. The reason behind your laptop not getting charged is that the plug port is not making the good connection with the charger. Hey when you plug in the charger does it feel loose? If so than don’t try to add some stress to make it tight because it may cause additional damage. Get it checked and send it to the professional to get it done. I am telling you this because I also faced the same problem as you are facing. So don’t panic it’s just the matter of loose connection.

Hello, it seems that your plug has been ruptured, failing your laptop to get charged. The other case can be that your power pin may be broken or it may be detached from the motherboard making a poor connection with the jack. If this is the case than your power pin may melt due to the heat generated and loose connection, preventing your laptop from getting charged. So get it done before it melts and it can cause serious problems to your device.

Your charging problem may be because your battery may be approaching towards the end of its life, there can be also a power supply problem with the plug and if none of this is there than the problem may be with the components of the motherboard. Your motherboard components such as FET, transistor, capacitor, MOSFET, diode etc may have failed to work. This can also be the problem get it solved and you are done with it.

This may seem strange however try this out it possibly will help you. If you have a floppy drive, than out whichever of the disk in it and boot your device, it will say its invalid system disk, don’t worry and leave it on until the battery is plane and shuts down. Charge it again and repeat the procedure. And if floppy drive is not present, than go to bios by either pressing F2 or DEL and leave it on until it shuts down on its own. If this does not work than you need to buy a new one.