Thread: Gateway NV73A04U Laptop Turns On with Black Screen.

Gateway NV73A04U Laptop Turns On with Black Screen.

Hi, I have been first time on this forums, and I hope I’ll get the proper solution, I have a gateway NV73A04U laptop, and it was working fine, but since last 1 week, when I try to start it, the laptops lights and fans switch on, but after the loading of the OS the screen remains black only, even I don’t know that it is loading the OS or not, but I am just assuming. I am really not getting what is the actual problem in my laptop, need suggestion very badly. Thanks in advanced.

re: Gateway NV73A04U Laptop Turns On with Black Screen.

This is the basic problem in the gateways laptops, because I was having the same one, and after 7 months, I also suffered by the same. And let me tell you that, the problem that you have mentioned has so many reasons causing the black screen, such as a faulty video card, or may me the screen gets affected, or may be the battery problem, or the motherboard gets fried in. thus first of all make sure that the problem is where actually then you can easily fix that.

I think you should try to change the battery of your laptop, it might be thoroughly shattered, and because of that it won’t let the laptop to start properly. Or the best would be you should contact their support center for the dilemma, because they have very good skilled persons over there, who will solve your problem, or you can simply visit their website and forums also for the same, they might have topics on this.

According to me, the dilemma that you have mentioned only if one or more of the following fundamentals are ruined, and because of that it won’t load during the booting sequence. They are Boot sector, NTLDR file, MBR or partition table. I would suggest you that restart you laptop in safe mode, and , make a Windows boot disk to start the laptop, if you got the laptop started without any error then I’d say scratch is partial to the MBR, ok before fixing the boot sector take backup of all the data.

I would like to suggest you that you should consult any technician before doing anything on your own, if you don’t have the sufficient knowledge, because the problem would be from anything, thus you need to test all the hardware of your laptop, and which will be perfectly done by the technician only, and as they got the problem they would charge you according to the problem and will fix it. Or if suppose you find some of your hardware to be damaged, I would suggest you that visit the service center and replace that particular hardware

See, I don’t think this is because of any hardware problem, my recommendation is to upgrade the video drivers, it might be possible that the drive may get corrupted, or may be if you are using any inverter then it might also gone scratched, because it is the machine that sends this power to the backlight, and the backlight makes the screen glow up, but this is the minor one, this won’t happens every time, but you should check that also, otherwise I would recommend to repair the OS.