Thread: Why there are diagonal lines seen on my LCD screen whenever I turn it off?

Why there are diagonal lines seen on my LCD screen whenever I turn it off?

I have recently brought this laptop a few days back and it came with no os in it and then I installed windows 7 in it and now whenever I turn off the laptop it show these weird lines going up and down, right before the screen is goes off. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with my laptop I even tried giving the output to an external monitor and it worked flawless over there. Now I guess the display cable is gone bad or the screen is gone bad but I’m not sure about that. So I want you guys to tell me what could be wrong with it or should I provide you with more information. Please also let me know the solution for this problem.

Re: Why there are diagonal lines seen on my LCD screen whenever I turn it off?

You should call up the laptop’s customer care and tell them this complete thing and they will then guide you with some troubleshooting steps after which either your problem would be solved or else then you can take your problem to their service center and they will repair it for you or else they will tell you some trouble shooting steps to eliminate this problem. You can also try turning your laptop on and when once it is on then you move your laptop’s screen up and down and at that time if the screen flickers then the problem is definitely with the cable connection between your laptop screen and the motherboard of the laptop.

You can try updating the drivers of the laptop according to the one given on the manufacturers. Website for downloading, and even if that doesn’t help then you can try installing the original drivers for the laptop especially the display drivers. Or also you can try installing all the original drivers in the laptop. Check to see whether the screen is loose or what. Also update the bios of the laptop if it available. Check if the operating system is supported by the laptop model or not. Check if the power adapter is proper or not and also the power socket is proper or not.

Usually windows 7 automatically load the driver by it. But just incase if the diver id not available then you will need to install it manually. There are also chances that the cable behind the lcd screen is gone bad in that case if you can safely open up the laptop then you can check the screen by connecting the screen in other laptop and if the screen works fine in that laptop then the screen is good and the cable is faulty. You can buy the exact same cable by searching on the ebay with the laptop model no or by the model number of the cable. But please remember before opening up the laptop always remove the battery of the laptop first.

There are chances that the graphic chip is gone bad this is the case 99% if you are having a laptop with nvidia chipset in it there are many laptops that have the similar problems and in all the cases the nvidia chipset is the root cause of the problem like ho dv2000, dv 9000, Compaq v3000, Acer 4520, Acer 4530 etc. in these cases most repair center heats the chipset so that all the balls under the chipset are in the contact with the motherboard, but this does not work all the time and you have heat it again and again so the proper solution for this is to replace the chipset or reball the chipset or the best and costliest solution is to buy a new motherboard.