Thread: HP Dv9000 not recognizing CD/DVD Drive

HP Dv9000 not recognizing CD/DVD Drive

I purchased a laptop HP Dv9000 last month. I normally use the laptop for gaming, internet surfing, downloading movies and especially for chatting. But I came across a strange issue while accessing the laptop. The issue was that my laptop was not recognizing CD/DVD drive. I tried a lot to find the reason for that issue but failed to do that. When I insert a DVD or CD in my laptop at that time I can listen to the drive spin-up. But the DVD/CD is not recognized. Is someone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: HP Dv9000 not recognizing CD/DVD Drive

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But before I proceed further to overcome the issue the information that you have provided related to issue is incomplete. I would to like to know which operating system is installed in your system. Only after knowing that I would be able to provide you the suggestions that you need to overcome the issue. Try to provide me the information as early as possible so that I can tell you the exact solution to overcome the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. As I am not having much technical knowledge due to this I am finding the issue more complicated . I will surely provide you the information that you need. The operating system installed in my system is Windows Vista. I have recently upgraded to windows Vista. The information that you needed is posted by me, now please provide me the suggestions so that I can overcome the issue.

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. There can be several reasons for such issues. Many people have encountered such issues before but now it has been solved. To overcome the issue I would recommend you to install the driver that supports it, as you said that you are not able to see the CD ROM in device manager. So installing the driver might fix up the issue. Try this out and inform me about the consequence, as this solution has helped many people.

I think this is a hardware issue. It is difficult for you to overcome the issue as you won’t aware hardware issues. Simplest way that I would to recommend is to visit the service center. Discuss this issue the supervisor present over there. He will surely replace the hardware if it is damaged. After you visit the service center your issue will definitely be solved. He won’t charge you for this service if you laptop’s warranty exists.

As you don’t possess much technical knowledge that can be reason you are finding this issue more complicated. Such issues were encountered by many people in the past but it has been solved now. Simplest way that I could recommend to solve the issue is to search for the exact solution in the official website of Microsoft. When you search over there you will definitely get accurate and exact solution for your issue. It has worked out for many people. Try this solution it will surely help you out.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions and responses that you have given me to overcome my issue. Your recommendations helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. When I searched for the solution in the official website of Microsoft, a list of information was displayed and with the help of that information I got the accurate solution that I needed.