Thread: How to access internet using Wi-Fi in Acer 3680

How to access internet using Wi-Fi in Acer 3680

I purchased a laptop Acer 3680 last month. I normally use the laptop for gaming, internet surfing, downloading movies and especially for chatting. But I came across strange issue while accessing the laptop. Problem initially starts when I boot my laptop. When I started my laptop an error message occurred that were related to network adapters. After that I was not able to use internet using Wi-Fi. I tried a lot to get access to internet but failed. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please so the needful.

Re: How to access internet using Wi-Fi in Acer 3680

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But before I proceed further to overcome the issue the information that you have provided related to issue is incomplete. I would to like to know which operating system is installed in your system. Only after knowing that I would be able to provide you the suggestions that you need to overcome the issue. Try to provide me the information as early as possible so that I can tell you the exact solution to overcome the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. As I am not having much technical knowledge due to this I am finding the issue more complicated . I will surely provide you the information that you need. The operating system installed in my system is Windows XP pro. I have recently upgraded to windows Xp pro. The information that you needed is posted by me, now please provide me the suggestions so that I can overcome the issue.

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. There can be several reasons for such issues. Many people have encountered such issues before but now it has been solved. Such issues are normally due to some internal errors in your system. To get rid from such issues I would recommend you to download Windows XP compatible chip set drivers. After you download these chipsets drivers then you won’t face such errors again. Try this solution and tell me about the consequences.

As you suggested me, I downloaded Windows XP compatible chip set drivers. After that I restarted my system but still I encountered the error, I don’t know how to solve this problem. I thought downloading the drivers will solve the issue but it is not so. As I am not much aware about such issues due to which I am facing it difficult to overcome the issue. Are you aware about any other solution that can help me? If yes then tell me about the exact solution.

I also have encountered such issues. At that time I have downloaded winplash. The device drivers have all been simplified as well. Everything is accurately similar with all the problems as before. Though in device manager I am only having Atheros AR5BMB5 displaying the same fault. The only other fault viewing is: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 cardbus controller: The drivers for this device are not available (code 28) I have installed these drivers so can't recognize why it won't make the connection. I need to sort the Wi-Fi problems somehow.

I see no cause why you are receiving such problems. I in fact thought that when you did the BIOS update that fixed the issue for you. You should not have these issues and the time that all your hardware is very well and we have no cause to suspect it. Download all the drivers you require and get them prepared for when you complete the installation. Update the BIOS to the XP version, begin again from the disk and reinstall Windows. This time attempt it with the accurate XP bios setting (3216). This will surely work out.