Thread: How to repair Fujitsu laptop?

How to repair Fujitsu laptop?

My Fujitsu laptop is having a problem. The screen of the laptop has a pretty big backlight bug - when the screen is slanted at around 90 degrees or more than that, the backlight of the screen on the left hand side starts to flicker A LOT. Also sometimes, there is too much flickering and then the entire backlight of the screen may shut down, leaving the whole screen black/dark. The laptop was sent for repair many times and everyone said that the problem lies in one of the cable which is connecting the backlight to some main thingy. The reports after each repair session were the same - when the laptop is back from repair it works fine for a week then again starts going all mumbo jumbo with its backlight again after the week. Someone said me that if I spend more cash than they could replace that part from the laptop and get it up and working again.

Re: How to repair Fujitsu laptop?

By the main thing I guess you are talking about the inverter of the laptop which is below the LCD screen in the display panel of the laptop. It increases the voltage so that the tube in the LCD of the laptop of the screen lights up properly and then the backlight is there in the screen. And this is one of the delicate parts of the laptop and it usually doesn’t get faulty. So I guess you must have pressed it accidentally. And there are very delicate chanced that it could be repaired. So I would suggest that you need to replace it. You can buy a good working used or new inverter from the eBay.

I think that you should sell this as soon as possible and get your hands on something more decent than this laptop. Maybe you can go for the IBM ThinkPad now known as the Lenovo ThinkPad which according to me is the perfect value for the money and is the most sturdy, reliable and durable machine ever seen. It is a lot more costly than your fujitsu machine. And also if possible I would suggest you to go for the one with the led screen because it is of less weight; better resolution doesn’t have the inverter so no worry of it getting damaged. You can get one of these models in the t series of the laptop.

Sometimes there are also the chances that the tube in the screen has gone faulty and so that you can change the backlight by opening up the screen and then replacing the bad tube with the good one. Now here while changing the tube you have to be really very careful so that you don’t spoil the screen and also to see that the new tube is not damaged or broken. Because the tube is really very brittle and you will get these from the scrapped screen and also the tube should be of the same size as of the tube from the screen. Or else you can also change the screen because changing the tube doesn’t work most of the time.

I also had the same problem in my netbook that the display of my netbook was really very dark so for that I tried restarting the netbook and then I also tried completely powering down the netbook and then turning it on again but this never helped to make the display look any better. Then connected external screen to it and the display on the external screen looked perfect. Then I finally took it to the service center and there they asked me a few questions and then took my netbook and within a few minutes the engineer came back saying that there was nothing wrong with the netbook’s screen and told me that someone has turned the brightness down and I just needed to increase the brightness by holding the FN key and the f2 key. So you should also try doing this before anything else.