Thread: Where can i get 2nd brackets for Dell Vostro 460 hard drive

Where can i get 2nd brackets for Dell Vostro 460 hard drive

I bought a brand new Dell Vostro 460.in that i desire to add a 2nd hard drive in it. The problem is that the chassis did not come with the mounting bracket for any 2nd hard drive with it . and the manual shows a picture with the brackets for the drive in the chassis. but the thing is that I don’t have any of the brackets with my Dell Vostro 460. I have also tried to call the dell support for it and yet till now they haven’t replied me with it ,so people where can I get the brackets for it.

re: Where can i get 2nd brackets for Dell Vostro 460 hard drive

If you are having a Dell Vostro 460 and if you are willing to add a new harddrive with it you will have to buy a new hard drive for the dell because dell doen’nt provide any brackets directly for your use because they sell it only with the hard drive if you can get it for yourself from some where it is really good for you but if not youwill have to search it some where else or contact Dell Spare Parts at 1-800-372-3355

There is no problem at all you can get the rails for your hard drive you just have to get the E510 ha of E510 hard drive cage. If possible from dell other wise if you cant get it fromdell you will surely be able to get it from ebay because it is a site where you can easily get the things which you desire , it will hardly cost you $ 1 plus the shipping which they charge and surely the dell will charge you a bit more than $ 1 for it.

As I was having the same problem I also searched it at many places but I was not able to find it any where, I searched it at many places but was finding it very difficult to get it so, I finally tried to call spare parts group for getting the required parts for me but found that spare parts group have nothing made for me .it apper to have no part number with it or any methods for ordering the brackets right now.

As on contacting Dell on resolving this issue which you have. The only solution right now with you is that you will have to buy a secondary hard drive from Dell to get the brackets. When you buy a new hard drive you will surely get new brackets for your hard drive which will have a serial number with it which would be provided to you by Dell itself. When I ordered I got the part number i.e. A0382264 and it is supposed to be of the brackets