Thread: Upgrade HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX laptop to AMD Phenom II x 940 BE Mobile processor

Upgrade HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX laptop to AMD Phenom II x 940 BE Mobile processor

I have been using a laptop which a little old as compare to todays technology. So I want to upgrade it as soon as possible. Is it possible for me to upgrade my HP pavilion DV7-3065DX by means of a Turion X2 Ultra M600 toward a Phenom II X4 x940 BE mobile CPU? Does the truth that it contains a DDR3 memory controller obstruct through utilizing it with DDR2 memory? Please offer me some needful information regarding this.

Re: Upgrade HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX laptop to AMD Phenom II x 940 BE Mobile processor

I don’t think that there could be any kind of issue if you use this processor with your HP laptop. This processor is specifically developed to be compatible and work with laptops as well as notebooks. By seeing this interesting this you can already assumed that this processor is really a needed one. If the CPU socket can hold this processor and also the BIOS then I don’t think that you can get any kind of issue regarding the performance as well as the speed.

Re: Upgrade HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX laptop to AMD Phenom II x 940 BE Mobile processor

The AMD Phenom Black Edition Quad-Core Phenom X4 X940 X940 or BE (Black Edition) is a mobile quad core processor for laptops and top model of the Phenom X4 series in Q1 2011th Thanks to a free multiplier can be relatively easy to overclock the X940. With the base clock of 2.4 GHz performance is not particularly good (because the mobile Phenom has no Level 3 cache II). Thus, the Core i7 Quad cores are be significantly faster. Compared to desktop processors, Phenom X4 series corresponds to the best of the Athlon X4 series (but with a lower clock speed) and is also manufactured in 45nm SOI.

In my opinion the best choice for your laptop is as follow: The AMD Phenom II X4 P940 is a sluggish clocked quad-core microchip designed for laptops. Evaluated to the desktop version or edition Phenom II, the mobile Phenom II X4 CPU present no level 3 cache and are as a result comparable near the desktop Athlon X4 line up. The measured clock speed permits the low down power expenditure (25 W TDP) except might lead to a terrible performance in solitary threaded apps as well as games.

First of all know about your laptop’s compatibility with the other processors. If the motherboard and the BIOS on the laptop is completely capable to take the CPU then you don’t need to worry about. However in some cases the laptop’s motherboard may be compatible to work with processor but the BIOS will not allow you to run it properly. You can boot into windows and work in it. The problem is the system will not get full advantage of that processor and cause the system to slow down and crash, even frequent shut down like that. In this situation you need to flash the BIOS with latest version.