Thread: How to download file from flash drive

How to download file from flash drive

hi guys , I have recently been using Windows 7 as my operating system. I am new this operating system as I previous used windows xp . But must say windows 7 is lot better than windows xp . But recently I had a problem with that, I could not download file from my flash drive that was inserted into it. As I am new to this system, I have no idea how to trouble shoot it. More on I was able to download the files previously on my pc .Please help.

Re: How to download file from flash drive

There is only question I need to ask you before answering your question, Did you removed any Trojan or an virus from your Pc running an anti-virus scan or some what like that . And which flash –drive are you inserting know in your Pc. Let me know the flash-drive name and model number, as sometime many imported flash drive need’s it drives installed before it could be used for downloading or loading the files. Awaiting your reply.

Hey Mate, I have been using Kingston‘s flash drive and I don‘t think I need a driver for it use. I have tested with same flash drive on my friend’s pc and it works perfectly fine. I have no idea. And yes, I removed a Trojan during my last scan. It was really hard time for my anti-virus for removing that Trojan from my pc as it required rebooting for a complete removal of the Trojan. But , how does that have a connection with my flash –drive

I have been lately studying about virus as the last time I had a bad time formatting my whole laptop without any back –up all because of viruses. According to me , you Anti-virus has done a great job by removing the Trojan (I guess). But, here is what the fact is in spite of the virus been completely removed from your drive. It damaged cannot be recovered. It stay there which caused the laptop to bring erotic error ‘s . Now you have only one option left, take a back up of your files and the format your pc and then start with a fresh copy of windows 7 . This might solve your problem.

What do you get when you plug in your flash –drive into your system. Does you system detect it‘s autorun.exe file which plays when we plug in any flash-drive into the pc. I suggest you to right click on the drive and then click on explore drive so that it open up with other drive. If that does not work then you might try checking the Enable/disable section of your system. To check if your USB has been enabled or not. If that too does not work then it might be the problem of virus.

Omg , I never expected some many replies to my query that I posted, thank you everyone for the time and the knowledge that you guys shared with me irrespective of the work load you might be having. Well all of the answers were almost accurate it was a problem of the virus that disabled my USB slot. So I just needed to go enable it back and my problem was thus solved. Well thanks again for your kind help that you gave me .