Thread: How to create recovery partition in new hard drive of my Sony Vaio vpcf12cfx notebook

How to create recovery partition in new hard drive of my Sony Vaio vpcf12cfx notebook

Hi, I am having a Sony Vaio vpcf12cfx notebook in which I have 320gb hard drive in it and now I want to upgrade it to 500gb 7200rpm my question is in my current hard disk I am having 10gb of hidden recovery partition which includes windows 7 and Vaio tools in it and when I buy a new hard disk I want to make the same partition in it so how can I make it can anyone help me in making the new partition.

Re: How to create recovery partition in new hard drive of my Sony Vaio vpcf12cfx notebook

When you create a new recovery software you will have to make use of VAIO Care and if in that if you choose Complete System Recovery it will create the hidden partition for you which you require, but when creating it please make a note that you put a check mark on “include value added content ” if it is checked you will have the recovery partition made but if you fail to check it you will not be able to make a recovery partition and you will have to depend on DVD’s, and one more thing while creating recovery do not interrupt the power supply.

Re: How to create recovery partition in new hard drive of my Sony Vaio vpcf12cfx notebook

One thing you can do is that you can clone the original boot drive Sony partition from 320gb to 500gb i.e. from old hard drive to new hard drive first do this thing and after leave the rest to install your OS and programs. In that you can also try resizing the partition as required by you as you need you can change the size from 10 GB to something else and create the new partition and clone your Sony partition to the new partition. But for that I will recommend you that you first take the backup of all your data

First of all there are no System Recovery CDs included with the notebook. The recovery data which is required to make the laptop to original and the factory installed condition is included in that special partition on the hard drive. There are some procedures try which you can use to restore the recovery partition on your new hard drive and return the computer to the original, factory-installed condition. Make a note that you follow the procedures properly.

These are the steps which you will have to follow when you install it on your new hard drive
    1. Ensure all open programs are closed, network connections are closed, and peripheral devices are disconnected.
    2. Then form the VAIO recovery Wizard go to Media and recovery options and then click on Create Recovery Media Kit
    3. Click on next button
    4. After that you will get two options then click on desired option to create the recovery media kit
    Do make a note that the type of media can be used and number of disks may vary on type of drivers present in your specific model.