Thread: keystroke errors in Sony Vaio VGN-AR190G

keystroke errors in Sony Vaio VGN-AR190G

Hello friends I am having a Sony Vaio VGN-AR190G laptop with me, I am having key stroke errors in it as when I press many of the keys I get a second dissimilar character displayed. As an example, if I hit q I get wq, if I hit w I get wq, if I hit e I get de, if I hit d I get de, o gives me lo, l gives me lo. This is not a problem on all the keys. Some are fine like r, y, u, c, v, b, n, m are working properly. I replaced the keyboard but the problem remains. Using a USB keyboard everything is fine. I have double checked the ribbon cable connection and it seems fine. If anyone knows what’s the problem please help on this.

Re: keystroke errors in Sony Vaio VGN-AR190G

I think I understood your problem if you have had the Keyboard replaced, and it is working fine with an External Keyboard, it is possible the issue lies at the connector on the main board the connector might have been damaged of your laptop and there might not be any problem with the keyboard so my advice is to go to a service center and ask them to check for the connector on the main board.

It is possible that the service center might not be having a expert with them or the person repairing the laptop might be new or might not know about your laptop so if possible you should always try and reach to a expert person and not to a rookie because an expert person would be able to solve the problem more easily because he would have been through same problem of any other customer before in his earlier period of work.

Hi there I am having the same laptop which is Sony Vaio VGN-AR190G and what a coincidence I was also having a keystroke problem so when I got it checked it from the service center I got to know that the problem is not with the keyboard not even with connector of motherboard the problem was with the motherboard itself so when you give it for a checking in the service center tell them to check the motherboard also because you might not know where else the problem has occurred

There might be different issues related to your problem it might be any of the above I cannot surely say but if possible try to run it in safe mode once and then check if the same problem arises if no then it is good for you and if there is any problem you will have to contact service for repair options and even if there is a lot of expense related to the repairs sell the laptop and buy a new laptop if possible because there is no sense in spending so much money when you can buy a new one almost at the same price.